Chapter 21

Nunew has never interlocked his hands with anyone in his life, the fingers were mutually close to his palm. He slowly clasps it back, wanting to hold tighter but hesitating and not daring to use too much strength. The two hands were still mid air, not moving.

The wind blowing across the lake was cold and humid, blowing over the temperature of Nunew’s face, even the wind became a little warmer.

No one spoke, eyes still facing forward, Nunew’s heartbeat gradually stabilised. The lake sparkled under the setting sun, staring for a long time made one’s eyes dizzy.

There were old men fishing in the distance and Nunew suddenly asked: “Will there be fish in this lake?”

Zee gave an ‘um’: “Have.”

It was only after a while that Nunew realised he had said something nonsensical, who would come here to fish if there were no fishes. He turned his head, pursed his lips and snickered, Zee glanced at him and hooked the corners of his mouth.

Before the sun completely disappeared into the horizon, Zee drove Nunew to settle down in the guesthouse. The nearby guesthouse is not as high-end and luxurious as a star rated hotel, a small house with only three or four floors, but it was very popular, by the time they arrived, only a large bedroom was left.

Zee and Nunew were caught in a subtle awkwardness, the receptionist looked at their clasped hands with some confusion: “You two aren’t a couple?”

“No, we are, thanks.”

Nunew suddenly looked at him, his lips moved without retorting, and as Zee took the room card and led him upstairs, he was still wondering what Zee meant when he said they were a couple.

The room was not big, after a bed and a wardrobe, there was not much space, but the bed was wide enough. Nunew sat on the edge of the bed and surveyed the environment, Zee had already found slippers and placed them in front of Nunew, squatting down to change his shoes.

Nunew was taken aback when Zee held his ankle not accepting refusal and took off his shoes and socks: “You’ve been walking all day, does your legs hurt, I’ll give you a massage later?”

There were only the two of them in the narrow, closed room and Nunew pressed his hand against the bed with force, inexplicably a little nervous.

“Don’t you mind that my feet stink.”

His toes opened up like a flower and Zee gently patted them to put on his slippers: “It doesn’t stink.”

Love makes people blind, Nunew thought, and even Zee could not escape.

The blind Zee was washing his socks in the bathroom and Nunew dragged a pillow over to lie down, so the two of them would have to sleep in the same bed tonight.

Although nothing can happen between them with his current state, Nunew has never slept with any Alpha, even on that night, he did it and left after he was done.

Nunew laid down and watched Zee walking around, their eyes occasionally met and separated. Nunew felt sleepy when he was lying down. When Zee came out of the shower, Nunew was dazed with sleep.

Zee shook his shoulders: “Nunew, get up and take a shower, go back to sleep after showering.”

He seemed to have fallen asleep again, Zee did not call him again, wetting a towel to wipe his face and feet, Nunew suddenly called him again: “Zee.”

“Hmm.”

“Let me tell you a secret.”

Zee’s hands didn’t stop moving, but he already had a premonition: “Okay, I’ll definitely keep it a secret for you.”

One of Nunew’s hands gripped the sheets: “The baby in my belly, his Alpha father, you definitely can’t guess who it is.”

Zee cooperated with his question: “Who is it?”

“It’s Zee.”

To say it out was actually quite simple. The moment Nunew said it, he felt incredibly relieved, floating like he had a dream of flying up to the sky, but Zee didn’t answer and he floated back again.

Why he didn’t say anything, whether he didn’t believe or was he angry, Nunew couldn’t guess.

He listened to Zee’s footsteps as he entered the bathroom, the tap rinsing his hands, then he walked back in, the bed sinking and shaking slightly, Nunew’s hand  was gently pried open by Zee, his voice ringing out overhead: “I know.”

It was indeed a big secret that Nunew had been hiding, carrying the pressure from everyone for six months, as heavy as his belly.

“And that night, the Omega you were looking for, it was also me. I was the one who secretly slept with you and ran away, but I didn’t expect to get pregnant, I didn’t even enter the birth**, I don’t know how I got pregnant, then I couldn’t bear to let it go, I also didn’t want you to know, so I ran away, and surprisingly I couldn’t escape, maybe this is fate.”

Nunew took a long breath of relief: “There is one thing to say, it’s also to get pregnant like this, you are also quite good, you just live too rottenly.”

He giggled to himself, but Zee didn’t laugh and gently pressed his back: “Nunew, don’t cry.”

TBC