Chapter 17

The boss exhausted himself for the sake of the lady boss, Poppy certainly cannot stand by and look on, he found someone to lay a whole floor of anti-slip mats in Nunew’s bathroom, ugly is ugly but it is safe.

Zee originally wanted to directly remove the bathtub, but after thinking that Nunew might be anxious with him, he finally just put a few more handrails around the bathtub and also put a stool.

Tonight, Nunew didn’t sleep well. He felt hot and cold and tried to shrink his feet into the quilt but couldn’t move.

When he opened his eyes, Zee was holding his ankle and seriously applying ice packs, muttering “why hasn’t the swelling gone down”, not even noticing that Nunew was awake.

The overhead lights had been turned off, and only one floor lamp was on. He kept his eyes half-open for a while and the irritation of a bad night’s sleep quietly dissipated, gradually closing his eyelids again.

Before dawn, Nunew roughly counted that he woke up three or four times and Zee was always in his line of sight, either with his head down pressing his mobile phone, or applying ice for him. He woke up unintelligibly and when he opened his eyes, he was enveloped in drowsiness and didn’t speak.

Zee understood and patted his arm and said softly: “Go to sleep, it’s still early."

Nunew unconsciously raised his hand, grabbed Zee’s sleeve, and then slept until the sky was bright.

When he woke up, he was kissed awake by Zee. In fact, Nunew wasn’t sure if it really happened or it was an illusion caused by sleepiness. He looked at Zee who was looking at him, his eyes were clear and open without any panic of being caught, making Nunew wonder if the fleeting moist touch on his forehead just now was just a small nerve twitch under his skin. He wanted to ask but couldn’t, because he didn’t know how to respond to either answer, and eventually pressed on just assuming that he really was mistaken.

Zee looked like he couldn’t see his tanglement and put his clothes on the bed: “I asked Poppy to bring your clothes over, do you need help to change?”

Nunew grabbed it and dragged it into the quilt: “No need, I’ll change myself, can you go out?”

“I’ve already seen it, what are you still shy about.”

Originally, Nunew was determined not to bring up this matter again. At that time, he was so preoccupied in panic that he forgot to care that he was not wearing any clothes. When he remembered, it was already too late.

He thanked Zee for his help and felt that he could not always judge Zee like a small hearted person. Perhaps Zee will also tacitly pretend he didn’t know anything, but he really underestimated Zee’s degree of wickedness.

While Zee smiled harmlessly as if he was really just offering a friendly favour, Nunew had already exposed his bad taste and viciously told him to get lost.

“Alright, since you don’t need it then forget it.” Seeing Nunew red-faced and fierce, Zee was content to reach his accomplishment for the day and retired, leaving the ward for Nunew to change his clothes.

Today Nunew is still alive and flailing, Zee thought as he leaned against the door, hoping that Nunew would never panic again like he did last night.

In the ambulance Nunew also pleaded with him not to tell Max about it, even though at that time Nunew himself was so scared that his hands were shaking, so cold that Zee clutched them all the way through without covering them up. If he wasn’t there, was Nunew planning to shoulder it on his own?

“I’m done changing.” Nunew struggled for half a day to take off his hospital gown and change into his own clothes, his hair was bound to be messed up, so he asked Zee to bring him a mirror and hastily combed it out with his fingers.

When he saw his own forehead in the mirror, Nunew couldn’t help but touch it with his fingertips and put it down with a deflated mouth. He didn’t think that was something Zee could do, not to mention the fact that he had a deep grudge against him over the years, and he was even still pregnant, and Zee didn’t know it was his child, so how could he have those kinds of feelings for an Omega who was pregnant with “someone else’s” child.

However, after thinking about it, he still felt unhappy, but he couldn’t tell why he was unhappy. Nunew thought it was because he was pregnant and he ate less than a bowl of rice.

“Why are you eating so little, not feeling well?”

Nunew shook his head: “It’s not good, I don’t want to eat.”

Zee took the rest of his food away: “Then what do you want to eat?”

To say what he wants to eat, then there’s too much. Nunew came to the spirit of folding his fingers to count for him: “Snail noodles, hot pot, roast duck, fried duck blood, soup dumplings, crayfish……”

Zee gave a start, where would he find these things for Nunew? Of course Nunew knew there was no place to look so after counting, he calmed down and looked listlessly out of the window. He somewhat wanted to go home.

TBC