Chapter 18

After a moment of silent, Nunew slowly shrank back into the quilt.

Zee called to him: “Nunew.”

“Hmm.” He didn’t turn around.

Zee said: “It’s nothing, go to sleep.”

These days, Zee seems to be very busy, constantly on the phone and even avoiding Nunew.

Nunew didn’t care much, waking up to eat and going back to sleep after, waiting to be discharged from the hospital.

When he was discharged from the hospital, his ankle still could not be fully put on the ground. Zee carried him to the car and Nunew protested shallowly: “I can walk by myself.”

“Walk? Do you mean bouncing on one leg in one deep and one shallow movement?”

Nunew thought about it and tried walking a little, it seemed to really be as Zee said, he stood still and stopped moving. It wasn’t the first time, it was just some help out of kindness, if it was anyone else he would have done the same, Nunew reassured himself, and then opened his hand with peace of mind. Perhaps after experiencing setbacks, humans will grow up through the setbacks. Nunew felt that he was now much more calm and mature and nothing could make his heart ripple anymore. Until he saw six more chefs at home.

Zee had flown in six chefs who specialised in various cuisines, with all kitchenware and ingredients, to come over and cook for Nunew. Although Nunew was a rich second generation, he did not know what real extravagance and luxury was until now. His petty activities were not worth mentioning in front of the real tycoons, he began to involuntarily calculate in his heart and finally calculated until the program was confused, he only knew that it was a huge amount of money. His expression was blank, unable to see joy or anger.

Zee snapped his fingers in his ear before Nunew came back to his senses. “What do you want to eat?”

“Hot pot, spicy one.”

“Ingredients?”

“I’m not picky about food, anything will do.”

“Good, then we’ll have hotpot today.”

Nunew trembled and knelt on one leg on the sofa and extended a hand towards Zee: “You! Are! My God!”

Zee carried him and sat him down: “No need to call me God, surf the internet less in future.”

This is the first hotpot Nunew has eaten after two and a half months, the aroma of chilli pepper, vine pepper, bay leaves and star anise swirled and jumped on the taste buds.

Nunew ate to the point of tears, his appetite was so big that Zee was ridden with fear and had to stop him. “Be careful of eating too much and irritating your stomach.”

Nunew knew in his heart, put down his chopsticks and wiped his mouth. His eyes was still fixed on the bottom of the pot: “It’s only slightly spicy, not exciting enough, it’ll be good when I can eat more spicy than this.”

Of course Zee couldn’t let him eat that, Nunew’s eyes drifted along when the pot was carried away, only to retract when he couldn’t see it anymore, landing on Zee with some vague bright anticipation: “Evening……”

“The next two days, eat nutritious meals.”

Nunew collapsed back on the sofa, happiness came so suddenly and so briefly. “I should also bear part of the money for hiring the chefs to come.”

Although it hurt to think about it, Zee had gone to such lengths for him, as he was eating from someone else’s soft mouth, Nunew was too embarrassed to let Zee bear the burden alone.

Zee swept a glance at him: “No need, I’m the one who wants to eat, you’re just accompanying me to eat.”

Nunew whispered: “Isn’t that also eating, how inappropriate it is to eat for nothing.”

“You can think of it as payment for rent.”

When he said this, what little conscience Nunew had was at peace again, he wasn’t taking advantage of Zee, they were just doing an equal exchange. “That’s what you said.”

“Hm, I’ll keep my word, do you want to go back to your room?”

Nunew opened his hands in a pose of waiting to be picked up, “Yes.”

At first, Nunew was not used to it and was nervous about strangling his neck, but after he got used to it, he just hugged him casually and had time to think, Zee is quite a nice person when he is not being bad!

TBC