47 | Strawberry Cheesecake

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Dinner is well and truly finished, and everyone has eaten their body weight in food.

It didn't take long for Enzo to become overwhelmed in excitement and tell everyone that we found out the gender of our baby.

The whole time during dinner everyone was taking guesses about the gender. Even Dom. Even though he's been silent for the past few minutes.

But me and Enzo kept our poker faces on, and everyone has changed their minds on the matter at least three times.

"There were a few clues during dinner." Enzo hints. Suddenly everyone quiets down as they try to think of the things they ate, the flowers in the middle of the table and everything in between.

Only a few suggestions are thrown around before a few of the maids bring out the dessert. Everyone starts to get restless as time drags on. Daniella quietly whines every time Enzo turns her down and both of our Mothers are getting annoyed.

A serving of strawberry cheesecake is placed in front of everyone. I quickly glare at Enzo, and he just returns a smirk before digging his fork into the slice of cheesecake.

While everyone is eating their dessert, I continue to silently glare at Enzo.

"Aria, sweetie? Can you just tell us?" My Mother pleads, clearly about to burst with not knowing.

Dom starts snickering beside Gio at the other end of the table.

"Domenico? What are you laughing at?" Giana places down her dessert spoon and picks up her almost empty glass of Rosé.

He shakes his head still chuckling to himself. This is the first time I've ever seen him smile so much. Let alone laugh.

Dom finishes his straight rum, neat, and glances around the table. "None of you have figured it out?"

When no one answers he shakes his head and laughs again, leaning back in his chair. He calls for another glass of rum and as soon as it's placed in his hand he takes another sip of the liquor. "Do you really not see it? The colour is fucking everywhere."

When everyone still proceeds to look confused he continues.

"Ma, you're drinking and eating the colour. Alessia's wearing it. Aria's lipstick is bright pink, and for fucks sake, Ric's socks are pink too."

"You can't leave my socks alone, can you?" Ric mutters under his breath.

After a second all eyes turn towards me and Enzo. Our Mother's eyes go as wide as saucers.

"It's a girl," Giana says softly. Her eyes shift to Enzo and her face softens to mush. "It's a girl."

She stands quickly with elegance, not many people can master and walks around the table to hug me.

My hug is short-lived as she moves to Enzo. She bends down over his shoulder and whispers something in his ear. A small smile graces his lips.

"Yeah, it did." He replies softly. Giana moves back over to me and wraps her arms around my shoulder again.

"You made his wish come true, Aria-Marie. You've made him so, so happy and I love you even more for it." She whispers in my ear before placing a light kiss on my cheek and congratulating us both.

Everyone follows suit, congratulating us. My Mother wraps her arms tightly around me before moving her hands down to my bump and having a small conversation with the little girl that resides in my womb.

Dom is the last to congratulate us. He shares a few words with Enzo before moving over to me. His giant frame makes him so intimidating even if he has a small genuine smile on his face. His arms wrap gently around my shoulders, drawing me into his massive body.

I tense for a second before relaxing and hugging him back, I don't hug him tightly, getting the feeling he wouldn't like it. Enzo has told me many times that apart from smiling, Dom hates physical affection. My loose hold on him gives him enough space to hopefully feel comfortable.

Pulling away, he looks down at me with a content smile. "Congratulations." He barely whispers. A wide smile spreads onto my lips.

"Thank you, Dom."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I know this is a very short chapter. I'm not the best at writing sappy and lovey dovey moments (as you may be able to tell). This is more of a filler chapter and the next chapter will kind of move on from the whole baby and wedding thing and continue on with the story. Happy Reading <3 

- El