40 | Reunited

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I wake up the next morning not feeling very rested. I swear I remember Enzo coming home but our bed is empty besides me being in it. I roll over onto my back and brush my hair out of my face.

Finally, I move into a sitting position. I look out the window to see the sun has risen already, but movement in the corner of the room catches my eye and I jump in surprise.

"Jesus, fucking christ Enzo. You scared the hell out of me." I hold my hand to my chest as I try to calm my heart rate. He's sitting in one of the armchairs next to the window. Both of his hands tightly clutch the armrests and he gives me a deadly glare.

"Okay, you're awake now. Are you pregnant?" He disregards my outburst and asks the question with a serious expression. Then last night comes flooding back all at once.

"Oh, my god." I groan into my hands as I hide my face. "You weren't supposed to find out this way."

"How was I supposed to find out?"

"I don't know. I had three days to figure it out. Why are you here and not in Russia?" I slump back into bed feeling defeated.

"We'll talk about Russia later. How long have you known? The date on the ultrasound says the 5th of August." He holds up the photos of our baby.

Sighing, I give him a sad smile. "That test was taken the day before. The day you left for Russia actually. That's when I found out."

His shoulders slump forward as he walks towards me and sits on the edge of the bed. He looks down at the tests and photos. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It didn't feel right. I couldn't tell you that I was pregnant over the phone. It just wasn't right." I whisper. I gently place a hand on his shoulder. I half expect him to pull away from me but instead, his arm wraps around my waist as he pulls me onto his lap so I'm straddling him.

His thumbs trace my hips and slowly reach my lower abdomen. His palm flattens against my slight baby bump. His forehead falls to mine and he lets out a ragged breath. "So you're really pregnant?"

I nod. "I'm so sor-" He cuts me off with a bruising kiss. I kiss back, needing this almost as much as him. My tongue swipe at his bottom lip, and when he grants me access I dive into his mouth. Our tongues clash and when Enzo sucks on my tongue and small moan is drawn from the back of my throat.

We pull away for air, breathing heavily. A huge smile takes over his face as he pulls me into a tight hug. A hug where he rolls us over so we're laying down and he's on top.

"Don't you fucking say sorry. It was no one's fault or mistake, I was a part of it too. This is our baby and I'll love them just as much as I love you." He looks down at me with the rawest and most genuine expression. The happiness on his face makes my heart melt. "I'm just sorry I wasn't able to find out with you or go to your first scan with you."