16 | Phone Call from Hell

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

It's been about 3 weeks since that whole incident with my Father. I have eliminated 3 out of the 4 men my Father assigned me. The last one Bruno Romero is currently in New York. Father has confirmed that Bruno won't be in Italy for a while. My guesses are that the last three people I assassinated worked for Lorenzo and he's starting to get on edge.

My Father has been oddly secretive this whole month. So secretive that even Andre, who was neck-deep in his fucking gambling noticed. I asked Adriano about it and his response was just that Father was busy with work and didn't want to be distracted.

We are all currently sitting in the lounge room waiting for Father to arrive. My Father texted us all late last night informing us that we are having a family meeting this morning. I'm sitting in between my Mother and sister, my brothers take up a three-seater and Marcello is sitting in an armchair.

The front door swings open and my Father saunters in with a proud smirk on his face.

"Buongiorno famiglia." (Goodmorning family.)

We all frown at each other. This is the first in a long time that my Father has looked happy. We all keep quiet as he takes a seat on another armchair.

"How are we all this morning? Happy, energised?"

"Father, what's going on?" Adriano speaks up. We all look at our Father, waiting for his response. His smirk only grows bigger.

"I'm glad you asked Figlio. I have a mission for the whole family." (Son.)

My Mother goes to speak but he interrupts her.

"Excluding you, my wonderful loving wife."

Okay, something is definitely off.

I doubt my Mother was going to protest about her being included, but more protest that all of us were being included in a mission.

"This mission will require everyone to participate in order for it to work. But I know it will work considering you will do anything for family."

I can already sense a hidden meaning behind that statement. 'Do anything for family.'

"Now some of you might know that our lovely Aria-Marie has the phone number of Lorenzo De Luca's little sister, Daniella."

My heart twists in my chest.

"No Aria, I'm not going to hurt the poor girl."

I relax a bit. But then Father's next words give me even more grief than the previous.

"The mission is to give Aria and Alessia to Lorenzo De Luca."

The moment the words leave his mouth, Adriano and Andre are on their feet yelling in protest, and my Mother looks as if she's about to cry. But me and Alessia are paralysed.