31 | License

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

The next morning I woke up alone. All around me is cold and Enzo is nowhere to be seen. The small alarm clock on Enzo's side of the bed reads 11.13 am. My hair is a mess on my head, falling down my back in knotty waves. The room still smells of sex and I smile fondly as I think back to last night.

Faint footsteps echo through the hallway outside the door. Turning to face the door, I watch as the knob slowly and quietly turns open. Enzo fills the doorway with his tall frame and broad shoulders. I offer him a small smile, which he returns. He no longer looks sick in the face and the dark bags under his eyes have disappeared

"You look much better than you did yesterday." I state.

"I feel much better." He smirks mischievously at me, I ignore his insinuation and look at what he's holding. He holds an A4 yellow folder in his hand, giving me deja vu and taking me back to my Father's office in Rome.

"What's that?" I say warily. My voice is a little hoarse from last night, which Enzo smirks proudly at.

"Don't worry. It's nothing bad. Hopefully." He assures noting my expression, making his way to my side and kneeling down. He leans in and kisses the top of my head softly.

"So what is it?" I say rolling onto my stomach and angling myself towards him. Silently, he hands me the folder.

"Open it." He nods towards the piece of paper in my hands. I open the folder cautiously. A single sheet of paper falls out. My eyes catch the Government's crest on the top. Then my eyes fall to the words underneath the crest.

"A marriage licence?" I gape up at the man in front of me. He simply smiles and shrugs. "Don't shrug at me. You went out first thing in the morning to get a marriage licence?"

"I did. I know you said a while ago that you wanted to go slow, but this allows us to get married whenever you want. Just name the time and place baby and I'll be there." He takes my spare hand in his.

"How did you even get this? People have to wait months for this kind of thing." I'm still in shock. This single piece of paper is the key to leaving my Father and starting a new life. With a new family.

"Well, Sweet Cheeks," I blush at the nickname. I never blush, but this fucking man can do just about anything. "When you're one of the richest people in New York, you can do anything." He really can do anything. "Do you like it?"

He looks up at me, waiting for my answer. "Yes, I love it. I love you. It's the perfect birthday present."

Enzo's face drops. "What!?"

"It's my birthday." I say confused. I genuinely thought he knew.

"You didn't tell me!" He says standing from his spot on the floor. He starts pacing back and forth, running a hand through his perfect hair.