Chapter Twenty-Four: Who Am I Really? Kikyo's Arrow!

"KO!"

There was a numbness in her chest that spread throughout her body leaving a light burning sensation. The voices became distant and her eyelids slowly closed as she watched her companions run toward her. She was surrounded by darkness and the air was cold. She could do nothing besides curl up in a fetal position while her wrist and ankles were shackled with chains.

A second there felt like 100,000 years. Time did not move or go backward, it stood still.

There was a small light that circled around her. She captures it in the palm of her hand and filled her with so much warmth tingling in her heart.

Within seconds the form of the light transitioned to the spirit of a little girl from earlier whom she was embracing in her arms. Her eyes widened in shock at the child floating with wings spreading open so beautifully. Her tiny feet touched the surface, like a drop of rain that hit the lake. Soon, a golden path developed underneath her feet and appeared in front of them.

"Follow me..." The little girl spoke in a sweet voice.

Kotori remained silent. She turned her head and behind her, there was a black hole, the warmth of the little hands held tightly onto hers. There wasn't any room for second thoughts, the only choice was to move forward. She saw four other children that seemed like different versions of herself in her youth and each of them carried a symbol. The words were kind of blurred.

The doors were locked and chained heavily. An eerie feeling came from the area and Kotori could not help but be fixed on it. Her eyes were hypnotized by the small child crying desperately. She took one step forwards, and the floor began to shatter underneath them. Suddenly, her body pulsed and stopped her from making any movement.

" STOP!" the little girl grabbed Kotori's hand and snapped her out of the hypnotized state.

" What was that?" asked the young woman.

" Those are your memories and that is a door that you must never approach. Mama tried hard to erase that sadness and replace them with better ones. – Do not chase after the past and live for the future find love and happiness and be young or everything Mama did was for nothing. You must not give up and make your dream come true. A place where half breeds, demons, and humans can live in harmony~" The little girl's voice was pure and the sweetest form of candy.

It was strange....... Out of all of them, she was the most broken. Kotori stared at the little girl's head and followed carefully behind her with many questions circling.

" Do you remember?" She asked.

The silence indicated enough. After a few minutes, the little girl paused and then spin around towards Kotori with the biggest smile." You can do this! Do not give up on our hope, dreams, and future. Heed my warning, stay away from that demon."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kotori remembered the little girl with a very big and idiotic dream that seemed almost impossible to accomplish.

She reached her hand towards the stem of the arrow and grabbed it tightly. She managed to use all of her strength and pull the arrow out from her chest as it dispersed into small yellow particles and floated into the sky." Oh God! —That hurt like hell."

There were so many things that she did not understand about herself.

A woman with beautiful pale skin with long hair tied into a low loose ponytail by a white ribbon. There were numerous eels with insect-like features swarming around her. She adjusted her bow and aimed at the arrow at the half-demon in front of her with a fierce expression." Who the hell are you? You killed all these innocent humans, and I will not forgive you, demon!" She shot another arrow without flinching and hit Kotori in the chest instantly.

She looks human but why does she smell like clay and graveyard soil.'

" Kikyo, stop it!" InuYasha intervened.

"InuYasha, this is none of your business," Kikyo argued and snatched her arm away from his grasp.

The arrow disperses into small particles.

"How is it possible for a demon such as yourself to wield such strong spiritual powers?" the priestess questioned in disbelief.

" I do not understand it myself either," Kotori responded and looked at both of her hands. She was frightened, and she could barely recognize herself.

" Do you recall that name that was given to you?"

" Kotori F-Fukuda K-Kinoshita."

Kikyo lowered her bow and arrow and then relaxed her shoulders." Did you say Fukuda Kinoshita?"