Chapter Fourteen: Why Does Our Fate Intertwined

There were footsteps approaching from the shadows of the corn of the room with a candle lit within a small glass lamp.

...

" Hello? Is anyone there?" the fox demon looked around the room scared and the slightest sound send a shiver down his spine. He has never been separated from the group before." Sango?Kirara?Kagome? Ko? InuYasha?"

He called out the name of his friends there was no response and that was when he realized that he was truly alone in the enemy territory. In front of him creeping from the shadows was a person that wore a white baboon cloak, and their face was perfectly hidden.

Shippo closed his eyes and thought about the others," I am just a worthless little kid, I always depend on the others. I watch them from afar while they would fight all sorts of demons. I'm no better than that darn flees, Myoga. I don't want to be weak anymore! I want to be able to fight with the others and be strong like InuYasha!' He mustered up the courage and tightly gripped his hands as he opened his eyes then shouted.

" FOX FIRE."

He used all of his strength and threw a dark green flame toward the opponent. Usually, the attack doesn't do much damage but the person disintegrated in front of him. He started to panic and then cheered in victory.

" Did I just get stronger?" He looked down at his tiny paws then closed his hands." I have no time to spare, I must find Ko and the others!"

Suddenly, the door slid open and the fox demon dashed out the room then he ran into Kirara as they met up in the hallway.

" Do you get separated from the others too?" Shippo asked.

"meow." Kirara sways her tail back and forth.

...

The demon slayer and the monk came running down the hall then soon they were reunited with the two demons.

" Guys, over here!" Kagome shouted and waved her hand.

" I seem that all of us encountered Naraku's puppet." Miroku observed the situation." However, none of his incarnations showed up but why?" He questioned with his hand on his chin.

" Well, the demons were fairly weak." Kagome pointed out." I shot the arrow but missed by a few inches and his body still disintegrated."

" Now, that you mentioned it. I didn't have to put up that much of a fight or put up a fight at all." Sango noticed and brought it to everyone's attention.

" You don't think he's after InuYasha and Ko?" Shippo feared.

The group came up with a plan to ambush the Naraku and destroy him once and for all. They searched in all of the rooms and continue to run forward as they saw a temple.

.

.

InuYasha kicked the door down aggressively.

"Where in the hell is Naraku!" His ears twitched as he others footsteps and voices from a distance. Subconsciously, he sighed in relief. He heard talking at the door in front of him the more he looked around, he realized that he was in a temple. He was about to knock down the door he stopped at he saw Kotori's sad facial expression through the crack. He leaned his back against the wall to hide his presence and closely listened to the conversation.

..

.

.

" I do not know how I got here but I must find the others." She thought.

Kotori stayed alert and then saw a very beautiful man with long, wavy black hair and pale skin. His eyes were a mysterious red with white pupils as he wore a dark blue outfit with a purple vest on top.

She grasped and was glad to recognize a familiar face.

" You are the priest that gave me those shards! This is great." She said and wiped the sweat from her forehead." For a second, I thought you were this horrible demon that my friends spoke about."

" Well, well, if it isn't the half-demon, Kotori." He spoke. " I asked a favor of you."

" I do find it a little bit strange that you are in this excluded area and I thought the village burned down. – I'm not accusing you of something or anything. Well, what would you like me to do? I am indebted to you, after all."

"Take InuYasha's Tessaiga and steal the jewel shards for that human priestess."

" And, what if I don't want to do any of that?" Kotori questioned in an upsetting tone. She liked the group of members but wanted to betray them on her own occur.

" If you agree and keep your promise, I will restore the memories that your demon mother erased." He offered.

"What is this man talking about?" She wondered and thought he was crazy then a very light memory resurface of a woman with long straight, crimson hair that streamed pasted her ankles. There was a man with a very warm smile and reddish-brown hair. The faces of the two people were blurred out, it was when Kotori was four years old. The little girl had golden brown eyes, with hair pure white as snow tied in two buns, one on each side of her head.

" Mommy! Daddy! I love you so much."

" No!, That's not true—You are planting these memories in my head! Please make it stop." Kotori dropped down to her knees with tears dripping down from her chin as she covered her ears. " You must have me mistaken by someone else, my mother is human and my father is a demon. I hate demons and I will kill every single one until I take my last breath!"

"Did you know that your mother killed InuYasha's father before he was born....."

She turned her head and heard the door open then her eyes widen as she saw InuYasha and the two of them made direct eye contact. Soon, the others appeared behind him.

" Where did he go?" Miroku asks.

"He vanished...." InuYasha spoke.

" I heard you humans refer to this as fate or destiny. Only the weak utter such nonsense. It is different for the truly powerful: They create this so-called destiny with their own hands." Naraku's voice echoed in her head.

Author Note: Thank you for reading ' The Demon In Me' I post the chapter early because I really busy this week and I knew that I wouldn't have time to get to it. I will post the next chapter next week as promised! Until next time