Chapter Thirty Eight: Transcending

" I want to live with you forever father, I do not wish for any more anguish allow me to rest peacefully with you for eternity."

" I am so sorry that I forgot all about you."

As Kotori drew her final breath, a serene atmosphere filled with a sense of calmness. Suddenly, a young girl's spirit emerged from her physical body, holding her father's hand, and beaming with a peaceful smile. The man was strikingly handsome, exuding a radiant glow and sporting a beautiful smile that lit up the room. He lovingly gazed down at his beloved daughter, who shone with a bright light, signifying her peaceful transition to the afterlife.

With suddenness, the gentleman let go of his daughter's hand. As his spirit departs, it transforms into tiny, luminous specks.

A smooth voice echoed.

"It is our sincerest belief that you are meant to lead a life that is full of joy, purpose, and contentment. Your mother and I want you to know that our love for you is unwavering and unconditional. Always remember that you have the strength and the resilience to overcome any obstacle that comes your way, and that we will stand by you every step of the way."

In an instant, an overwhelming number of vibrant and vivid red strings of fate appeared, entwining her with an infinite number of potential outcomes and opportunities.

The memories that she held within her were vast and expansive, spanning across many years and experiences. Yet even though her physical presence was not there; her spirit continued to thrive and endure through the power and significance of those cherished recollections.

Standing atop a fragile and slender red cord, she felt a sense of unease and caution wash over her as she surveyed the looming shadows that surrounded her. The cord appeared as though it could snap at any given moment, adding to her apprehension and making her movements even more cautious.

In front of her was a group of four children, each bearing a striking resemblance to her, yet sporting unique and distinct physical characteristics. Each child was holding a symbol, adding to the intriguing and mysterious nature of the scene.

The small child carried each expression of depression, sadness, isolation, and anger.

A single droplet of water hitting the surface triggers a vivid memory of a time long gone. It was a time when a little girl, accompanied by her mother, spent her days in pure bliss, despite being subjected to bullying and demonization by her peers. This little girl possessed a happiness that many people strive for but never attain.

In their early years, a young girl and a boy with brown hair met and soon developed a close bond. They spent endless hours together, playing and exploring the world around them. As they grew closer, the girl introduced her friend to her parents, who welcomed the boy with open arms. The two children continued to spend time together every day, and their friendship blossomed into something more. Their mutual affection was no secret amongst their circle of friends, who could see the sparks flying between them.

As they stood beneath the vast expanse of the night sky, both the boy and the girl were entranced by the sight of the crescent moon. The boy's curiosity was piqued when he noticed the girl's necklace glinting in the starlight. Eager to take a closer look, he stepped towards her. However, she seemed to recoil at his approach and took a step back, causing him to reach out and accidentally grasp the necklace. Despite her initial discomfort, the boy couldn't help but be awestruck by the necklace's intricate and exquisite design, which was even more breathtaking up close.

Her demonic powers were surging, and her appearance was almost unrecognizable. She killed the boy brutally with blood dripping from her mouth, then soon the village became a grave with a hundred lives lost by one little girl.

With swift and determined strides, the man saw a figure racing towards him. His heart initially seized with fear, but as the figure drew closer, he saw that it was his precious daughter. Her face was lit up with unbridled happiness, and she eagerly reached up to jump into her father's outstretched arms. Relief flooded over him as he held her tightly, feeling the warmth of her presence and the love that radiated from her.

As the sun began to rise, a solemn woman made her way back to her village, her mind heavy with the weight of her recent decision. She had just spoken with her father, the current ruler of the underworld, and informed him of her choice to relinquish her title as princess. Though she had been groomed for this role her entire life, she had come to realize that her true passion lay elsewhere. Her priority was now her family, and she longed to devote herself fully to watching her beautiful daughter grow alongside her devoted husband. It was a difficult choice, but one she knew in her heart was the right one.

She became frightened at the trail of dead bodies and was worried that her father would order someone from the underworld to assassinate her family. Nozomi hastened her pace and paused her footsteps at her little girl sobbing. "Papa! Papa!"

" W-What happened here?" the woman asked.

" M-mama ...R-Ryu....t-took m-my"

Within seconds, Nozomi did not bothered to hear the explanation from her daughter and was build with rage. She began to strangle her daughter with both of her hands "YOU KILLED THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE. YOU FUCKING MONSTER!"

Just when her was about to take her last breath. Nozomi released her hand as her daughter fell on the ground, grasping for air. She screamed from the top of her lungs in agony.

" Mama! I-it was an a-accident."

The little girl held her mother's hand as they buried the man at the top of the hall. She was startled by the murmurs that escaped her mother's lips.

" I wish that this could have been you! We could always have another child but him, your father, Hiso is irreplaceable, he was everything, he was my world. You worthless piece of shit!"