Chapter Thirty-Four: Kikyo Lonely Journey No More!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Master Kikyo, there is something that I did not tell anybody when we were in Naraku castle. I could have swore that I saw the sacred jewel, but when I touched it...... I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like it disappeared into my hands."

" Do not fear, child but that was probably the imitation which is deadly to humans; I wondered if is that why the poison spread rather quickly or did it caused a delay considering that you still are alive. It could be one of the two options, that man is trying to control you or take something important from you."

For a very long time, the priestess had been a wandering soul focused of seeking revenge at all costs from a demon that made her meet a tragic ending. She was able to move freely, but now a half-demon is occupying her and responsible for another person's life. She must reason or the two of them will meet their demises quickly with the cards they were dealt.

The training was brutal and were many failed attempts to shoot a sacred arrow at the targeted tree successfully. Moreover, it was hard to mold the powers into a single object when it constantly leaked from her hands, which caused a far more dangerous result for their surroundings.

Kotori touched her lips and looked at the full moon, thinking about a certain half-demon. It was such a shame that she had just begun to realize her feelings towards him. She consistently fought with her thoughts on whether these feelings were real or if this was because she wanted her first kiss and InuYasha would be a suitable candidate even though he did not meet the requirements.

"Master Kikyo, there is something that I did not tell anybody when we were in Naraku castle. I could have swore that I saw the sacred jewel, but when I touched it...... I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like it disappeared into my hands."

" Do not fear, but that was probably the imitation which is deadly to humans; I wondered if that why the poison spread rather quickly or did it caused a delay considering that you still are alive. It could be one of the two options, that man is trying to control you or take something important from you."

Kotori's thoughts were preoccupied, and did not have time to process the dangers of her situation. Her life was literally hanging by a string and this Naraku fellow is the mastermind behind this puppet show. She was placed right in the middle of his chess board with his hand grasping at her beating heart at any moment.

" Please teach me everything that you know so I can become stronger, I want to be able to protect myself and those important to me. I don't want to regret my decision of leaving them, Master Kikyo."

" I am surprised how well you are taking this information."

For a very long time the priestess had been a wandering soul focus of seeking revenge by all cost from a demon that made her meet a tragic ending. She was able to move freely but now there is a half-demon occupying her and now responsible for another person's life. She must think rationally or the two of them will meet their demises quickly with the cards that they were dealt.

The training was difficult and were many failed attempts to successfully shoot an sacred arrow at the targeted tree. It was a hard task to mold the powers into a single object when it constantly leaked from her hands which caused a far dangerous result of their surroundings.

"Lady Kikyo, when I am powerful enough to handle these spiritual powers. I would like to know more about my parents!" Kotori blasted the land within 100 meters of her the beautiful grass was left with nothing but dirt. Her eyes widened and she cheered in glee but there was a demon inside of her that desperately wanted to come out and play but was suppressed by the purity of the priestess light. " Did you see that, Master Kikyo?" she exclaimed jumping up and down.

"Naraku dispelled the barrier around his castle. In other words, he has abandoned his castle and hidden himself somewhere else. In the past, nowhere was he hidden, I could sense the presence of his barrier but now, it's as if he disappeared from the world. There's no sign of Naraku anywhere, there must be a reason for this."

Kikyo had her soul collector seek him out but there was no luck. She chuckled at the young half-breed student and was amused by her adorable expression. In was odd, the two never met in person but she considered this person as her younger sister. She remembered helping to choose out Kotori's name with her instructor.

Within many months, the half-demon gradually became strong. Even though her spiritual powers suppresses the priestess, Kotori lacked years for experience.

" Master Kikyo, can we please stop at a village? I am tired of sleeping on the ground and my back hurts." She complained.

"It should be one a few miles from here, child."

The soul collector did not come in the area." I think I can going rest over here, I will catch up with you soon!"

" Master Kikyo, I will book us the warmest room and you will not regret this!" Kotori said and ran down the path as fast as possible. She could not stop thinking about the cozy bed and the tasty meals.

The village was in chaos and was being raided by the enemy from a neighboring clan. Unfortunately, all of the women were being snatched away and forced into the carriage, and she was caught in the crossfire.

" All of you will participate in war; gear up!"