Chapter Ten:Not A Party Until A Wolf Shows Up

On the horizon the sun rises and the blue birds chirp that flew south in the sky.

The loud voices of people could be heard in the distance.

Kotori slowly opened her brown eyes and as she sat up a long red cloth fell on her lap. She looked down and recognized that it was InuYasha's robe of the fire rat.

When did I fall asleep? Where did the others go?

She caught an unfamiliar scent of a demon and held her guard up as she clenched the shaft of her sword walking cautiously towards the noise and charged at the opponent with the blade pierced against the demon neck. She had flashbacks of when her villages were attacked by demons and the people that she loves most were killed. It was fresh in her memory like it happened yesterday and her blood was boiling with rage. The hatred consumes her judgment and could not see the situation properly.

The others were shunned and was render speechless. Everything happened fast within a blink of an eye.

" Ko!" Shippo cried out loud.

' Serves him right' InuYasha thought to himself t and slightly chuckled.

"

" Shut up! You are just a kid and you do not understand anything, all demons deserve to die and be erased from the universe. I will make this as swiftly and painful as possible!" She glares at the demon as her eyebrows flared.

" Please do not do this Ko." Sango shouted," You do not want blood on your hands."

" He was also betrayed by the likes of Naraku."

"Who is Naraku? What is Kagome talking about?" She remembered the white lie.

The wolf demon lifted up his leg and kicked the sword away from him as the blade broke in half. His noise was sensitive then caught a whiff of her sweet scent that reminded him of small white-pinkish flower and had this strong fondness towards her, but his heart still belongs to Kagome. With just one glance, he could have sworn that her eyes turned red and sense a demonic presence but now, she was an innocent human. Many questions raised in his head, and he wondered who this mysterious woman is.

Kotori was shocked and stared blanked at the broken sword. There were many mixed emotions, angered, sadness and guilt. She tightly held the handle of the sword upset, that there was not a demon that she could not defeat. She wanted to get stronger and more powerful.

For a second, she almost forgot her reason for deceiving and joining these people. She is following them in hopes to collect all the shards of the sacred jewel, a marble size sphere which grants immense power to whoever possesses it. To become a full fledge human and live happily in a local village finding love.

" I am sorry that I broken the sword and not listening." She faced towards her companions and lowered her head as she bowed respectfully with her eyes close.. She made calculations in her head, and this was the best outcome.

" Don't worry about that one, I been meaning to throw it out for a while now." Sango said." We can always get you another one."

." We understand that Naraku killed your parents." Kagome placed her hand on Kotori's shoulders " Ko, every demon is not bad and Kouga is our friend."

"Any friend of Kagome's is a friend of mine. "

Kotori lifted up her head and tried to control her emotions as she clenched onto her necklace tightly. Her hands wanted to chock the demon to death and her heart was accelerating. She took a deep breath, trying to remain calm and hold her posture together. She sends a small smile at the wolf demon and spoke." That's nice, I am sorry for the misunderstanding." It took everything in her to say that without thinking about the different ways that she wants to kill the demon that somehow brought up joy.

There was a demonic aura coming from her.

" Are you okay, Ko." Shippo questioned, shaking nervously.

" Yeah, I am okay." She responsed then looked away.

" What brings you here in this region, Kouga." Miroki asks." Have you heard anything about the location of Naraku?"

" There have been rumors that his castle is not too far from here, I was instructed to continue to head north." The wolf demon explained.

"you mangy wolf!" InuYasha jumped up pissed." How come you did start with that?"