Chapter 8: Kotori's Necklace Snatched! A Possible Transformation?

I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO RUMIKO TAKASHI. I, CONFESSION_HEART AM ONLY CLAIMING MY CHARACTERS AND THE PLOT OF THE STORY.

THANKS FOR READING IN ADVANCE AND FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Miroku exterminated the demon in the temple and the headmaster was generous enough to let the gang stay in a luxurious room.

"That lecherous monk he's just a womanizer!" Sango complained and clenched the belt of her Hiroikotsu.

The village welcomed the newcomers, and everyone was friendly. There were a lot of children running in the area playing with one another.

"Do you have feelings for the young monk, Sango?" Kotori asked.

Romance isn't in her field, but it's not rocket science. She notices Sango would be angry with the monk and will be with another woman. Isn't that the first obvious sign?

"O-Of course not!" Sango answered nervously and completely flustered. She looked away and blushed lightly.

"Was I wrong to assume that?"

Kotori, Sango, Kagome, and Shippo explored the different vendors and tried the dumplings.

InuYasha relaxed on the tree and watched his companions enjoying themselves. He was annoyed with everyone's happy and smiling faces. Can they just hurry up? I want to find all the pieces to the sacred jewel so I can become a full-fledge demon! He sighs and the necklace around his neck doesn't make it any better. It restrains him and it made him angrier.

A boy bumped into Kotori and her necklace got caught in his shirt and then was snatched away accidentally.

"Ma'am?"

The village approached the woman concerned about her well-being.

"Ko, are you okay? You don't look so well." Shippo hops on her shoulder and point out.

Her eyes widen the beautiful brown eyes started to transition to a golden yellow. She quickly shut her eyes before anyone could notice the change. Her heart started to accelerate and could feel her body transforming fast. Her blood was boiling craving violence, destruction, and murder. She could not fight the demon blood that pump through her veins. She barely regained consciousness and used the last bit/ of her strength to yell." InuYasha!

He's the only person that knows my secret. --- Please come save me and be useful for something. I don't want anyone to know. If nobody understands me, I know that you do InuYasha. Despite being ignorant and stupid. I hope that nobody notices!

Kagome and Sango stopped looking at the

InuYasha quickly jumped from house to house then stood in front of the boy and punched him in the head.

"What did you do that for?" The boy cried.

InuYasha snatched the necklace and it has torn a hole in the boy's shirt. He rushed towards Kotori and handed the necklace to her.

She fought the demon urges and used the last bit of her strength and took the necklace then held it close to her chest.

She returned to normal in her human form. The streaks on white strings of hair changed to the reddish-brown, a chestnut color that stopped at her waist. She waited a while to open her eyes

T-That was so scary I must be more aware of my surrounding.

She fears the demonic trait inside her that has been suppressed for so many years. It was growing stronger and more powerful.

She snapped the ends together and the necklace dangled from her chest in a heart shape made from silver it looks dull and fake but very valuable. It's very important to her that someone she holds dear.

That was so scary—I must always check my surroundings. It's the first time I transform since I was a kid...I need to hurry and collect the shards to become a full-fledged human, so I won't have to go through that ever again!

Kotori tightly clenched the pendant of her necklace.

"Are you okay, Ko?"

She opened her eyes and saw herself surrounded by the other two. She had this warm feeling, and it made her feel happy to see that people cares about her.

"I could be mistaken but did you call out to InuYasha?" Sango questioned.

Kotori stopped in her tracks and a lie could not slip from her tongue fast enough. She was caught on the spot and couldn't think of an excuse.

InuYasha walked up to the others and interrupted," It's your imagination. Where's Miroku? I'm ready to leave."

"We're staying here for a few days rather you like it or not so make yourself comfortable," Kagome answered.

The headmaster's servants offered delicious a specialty for the guest for defeating the demon that was messing with the village crops.

The next few nights were pleasant and fun then they left the village.

"This was a waste of time!" InuYasha complained.

Kotori smile sincerely and walked behind everyone.

InuYasha is annoying, ignorant, short-tempered, cocky, and has many other terrible traits. He's also trustworthy and reliable where it counts!