FUCK

A mistake.

It has to be a mistake.

I don't have feelings for Sasuke. That's never been a thing.

He's like family, I keep reminding myself. Although each time I say it in my head, it feels less and less like what I want it to mean.

And more like what I don't want it to.

Why, pray tell, do I feel the pull of the mate bond when I'm near him?

I didn't feel anything like that before. This is new.

And unwelcome at that.

Ever since Tenchi Bridge, my thoughts have been like this. Back when I was following Orochimaru's chakra signature and scent to his underground desert hideout. I burrowed underground, got caught by his goddamn snakes and fell through the ceiling.

Once I was breathing the same air as Sasuke, I could smell it.

That scent. His scent. Fresh linen, tomatoes, and. . . strawberries.

But not ordinary strawberries. Oh no.

Fucking strawberries on CRACK. Marinated in sugar or ecstasy, or whatever the fuck.

Why does he smell so good? Like unnaturally good? Like he's walking aromatherapy? Like he bathed in fruit and some other unknown magical substance that makes me want to grab ahold of him and never let go?

He shouldn't smell like that, was my first thought. Only Gaara's scent is like that.

Intoxicating, yet calming.

Sasuke's is intoxicating and the fucking opposite of calming.

I-It's fucking UNcalming. I can't even find the right words, I'm so pissed.

Damn.

I can't have TWO guys smelling irresistible. That would mean. . .

And then it hit me. And for the first time in my second life, this thought occurred to me:

Fuck my life.

I didn't have time to dwell on it though, since I had to fight a snake. Then, there was my mission I needed to focus on; memorize Sasuke's new scent so I could track him anywhere.

Tch. Easy. There was no way I'd forget it now.

He smelled amazing. Like so good, it's hard to remember we're not on good terms. I tried to keep it in mind, but within minutes, we were back in his room laughing and reminiscing about the good times and shit.

FUCK.

Good thing he reminded me how much of a dick he is, by threatening to kill Naruto and Sakura if he saw them again. That he's an arrogant little shithead who thinks I need protecting, even though I spent half my life protecting him. That his goal is Itachi, and nothing else matters.

Brought me back to my senses.

His alluring scent contradicted how pissed I was, but after a walk in the forest and some time to think, I was able to calm down and assess things clearly.

It's a mistake. Has to be.

Lady Selene is a goddess, yes, but I do remember her telling me about some of her flaws.

One being how indecisive she was.

Plus, the Anime goddess told me straight up that the deities aren't perfect, so it's entirely possible that this is a mistake.