Who's in Control?

Lunch looked and smelled absolutely delicious! We all sat down together too, as a family. It was nice. Something about it was familiar to me.

These familiar feelings with no memories are gonna be the end of me! It's like an itch you can't scratch!

When Itachi and Sasuke saw me in the corner of the dining room waiting for my lunch bowl, both had shock on their face.

You traitors! You honestly thought I was gonna be kicked out, didn't you?!

"Wow she's still here." Itachi says. "I honestly thought you'd say no, Father."

WHAT?!

"It's important she be here. The Inuzukas took a big piece out of something they can't even chew. We're doing them a favor that we'll cash in at a later date." Lord Fugaku states. Lady Mikoto's frown is gone as soon as it appears as she sets my bowl down in front of me.

Wow. She wasn't kidding when she said I'd be viewed as a tool. But I'm here because I want to be, and because I want to find out more about my eyes. Seems like Lord Fugaku's statement doesn't sit well with her either. 

I lick her hand to show her it's okay; he's looking out for his own and with the way she described this world, I can't be mad at him. I can't change him either, so no point in getting upset. 

We'll have to let Dr. Tsume know, though. Not sure how she'll react.

Lady Mikoto smiles at my comforting gesture and heads to the table to eat. As Lord Fugaku continues to educate Itachi on how cashing in favors could benefit the clan in the long run, I take a look at my bowl: 

That is SO not what the doctor ordered: but it looks GREAT! And smells so good, and is that a rice ball I peak? Is it filled with the yummy goodness that is tomato sauce and spic--

A masculine hand comes up and covers my food.

Who DARES cover up such a masterpiec--

I look up instinctually growling already at the hand that becomes an arm, that leads to the body and face of none other than Fugaku Uchiha.

"Anata, what are you--" Lady Mikoto starts to get up.

"--she needs to know who's in charge. You say she's smart AND wild; I can't ignore the wild part. She'll finish her food in a snap and then come and steal ours right off the table. Wild animals have no reservations for doing that sort of thing. He who controls the food, controls everything else. She'll obey only those who demand obedience."

. . .

. . .

You gotta be kidding me.

Well, he's right to be cautious of me. I am jus' a wild animal to him after all. Guess me and Lady Mikoto overlooked that part since we both know I am civilized. He right to worry I guess. Better safe than sorry.