Chapter 46 - Forever

Start from the beginning

"Ok, spill it!! What's going on?" Lilly asked the moment she entered the empty classroom. It's our final - and most useless - week.

Alex and I didn't hold hands or anything, because we decided to keep it under the radar. Not that anyone cares, but they know Alex was dating my brother and well, I'm not the PDA type, so that was not an option I guess.

"We're dating." Alex said fast enough, before the girl had a heart attack. She was trying to get us talking since that morning, but we were giving her a hard time just for fun.

She screamed, getting the attention of a few people walking in the hall. So much for keeping it low. She jumped on both of us, one arm holding me and the other holding Alex. I'm not used to being affectionate like this, but I hugged her back anyway.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my freaking god! I lived to see this moment, I'm so happy for you."

"We can see that." We both chuckled and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"You don't understand, my two best friends are dating! This doesn't get any better." I smiled at what she said. We're definitely on the same page about being best friends.

What can I say? Lilly grew on me. I'll definitely miss her loudness when we go to college.

"Ok, I need to know the details and you two will tell me everything, but there's one important thing we need to do, so I'll have to steal your girlfriend for a moment." I raised an eyebrow, because she looked very suspicious and something was telling me they were going to do some dumb shit.

That was pretty much how the rest of the week went.

I was on cloud nine. Alex would pull me inside an empty classroom and we made out, like I've always wanted to.

It felt great, exciting and I can't say I didn't feel completely turned on by her. The way she kisses me makes my entire world spin around and damn, I'm so consumed by her.

"What's your next class?" She asked me after one of our make out sessions in the lab one day.

"PE, which is good, because I definitely need a cold shower." I said, because it was so true. She has this effect on me that I can't comprehend.

I'll dare to admit that I did fantasize having her on the same counter she kissed me so deeply that day. I'm a nice guy, but teenage hormones are fucking real.

"What are you doing?" I startle as I hear Alex's voice coming from behind me.

I turn around, my face flustered with all these thoughts, especially the memory of making out with her. I guess she notices it because she narrows her eyes at me.

She leans on my bedroom door and crosses her arm in front of me.

"Just thinking." I simply reply. I can't exactly tell her that I was remembering the countless times she drove me crazy, in the best way possible, this week.

"You look very handsome." She doesn't insist on knowing what I had on my mind and I smile at her compliment. I'm getting ready for our graduation and my mom made me use a suit. I absolutely hate it, but I'm doing this for her. I'm not used to it, so it feels weird.

"You look amazing too." Alex is wearing a light summer yellow dress that fits her perfectly.

She takes a few steps forward, finally entering the room. She stops in front of me and adjusts my navy blue tie that I was clearly struggling to tie. I watch her carefully as she does it and in an instinct, I cup her face, giving her a kiss.

I know I'm sounding boring and cliché at this point, but it still amazes me that she's finally my girl.

"I can't believe this day is here. I can't wait to hear your speech." I give her a faint smile. Yeah, I hate the fact that I'm valedictorian. I don't feel like standing in front of everyone and saying words no one will remember in a year from now. No one even cared about me for the past four years, so what's the point?