Chapter 34

Bucky woke up in the middle of the night, his mind racing when he realized that not only did he not use a condom last night, he didn't even ask her if it was okay. He was convinced Violet was now terrified of him, that their relationship was already done. He watched the clock carefully, until about two hours before Steve was going to pick her up, finally waking her up.

"Hey, doll. Do you want to wake up and pack?" He asked sweetly. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her temple as he worked to memorize the beautiful features of her face. The way her nose scrunched up anytime he tickled her, how her cute little nose was somehow even cuter with those two matching rose gold hoops in her nostrils. The way her eyelashes touched her cheeks while she slept. How she mouthed the words as she read her books if she was really interested. Every perfect thing about her that he would miss if she was afraid of him now.

"No. I'm going to miss you." She said with a sad, sleepy voice as she curled into him further.

"You are?" He asked nervously.

"Of course, I love you, and I know you don't sleep well when we're not together." Violet admitted. She picked her head up, resting her chin on his chest as she smiled up at him.

"I'm going to miss you too, doll." Bucky said with a sigh of relief. "I have to talk to you about something, though." He said after a few minutes of happily holding onto her.

"Anything." She promised with a smile.

"I would understand if you didn't want to see me anymore. I should've been more responsible.." Bucky said nervously. Violet sat up, putting her hands on his chest. "What happened?" She asked, staring down at him with worry.

"I didn't use a condom last night. I'm so sorry, doll. But I will support you in any decision you make." Bucky promised.

"Oh... You're okay. I probably should have told you, but I can't have kids.." She said just as nervously. She knew she should have told them that before they started dating, in case he did want a family. It wasn't fair of her to hide it.

"How come?" Bucky asked, but honestly relief washed over him that she wasn't upset with him.

"I had my tubes tied as soon as I turned 18... I always knew I wanted to get away from Taylor. So I didn't want to risk a baby trapping me with him. Matty's best friend Foggy convinced a DR to do it, came in with his fancy lawyer talk." She admitted nervously. "I'd understand if you don't want to be with me anymore.." She said shyly.

Bucky took her face into his hands, cupping her cheeks gently. He pulled her to him and kissed her lips softly. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, doll. I never really wanted kids anyway. I was more afraid that you wouldn't trust me anymore after last night." He confessed.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily." She said back to him. She held onto his forearms as he held her face. "I trust you, completely." She promised.

Bucky quickly pulled Violet into his lap, hugging her tightly. He slid his hands into his shirt she was wearing as he did so. "You have no idea how relieved I am. I stayed up half the night worried about this." Bucky admitted. Violet tightened the hold she had on Bucky, burying her face further into his neck. "How about we lay back down until Steve comes? You need a good sleep before I go. Do you want me to stay?" Violet asked.

"No, doll. You go and have the time of your life, don't worry about me." Bucky insisted. "I'll be fine." He promised.

"Are you sure, baby? I worry about you." Violet said timidly. Bucky let out a quiet laugh, pulling Violet back so he could stare into her eyes. "You don't need to worry about me, doll. It's my job to worry about and to take care of you." Bucky said.

"That's where you're wrong. We take care of each other. You're just stubborn." Violet teased. She put her hands on each side of his face, staring into the beautiful steel blue of his eyes. "Let's take a nap before Steve comes knocking." She insisted.

"I'm okay, doll. Really. You'll be home tomorrow afternoon. If you insist on taking care of me, we'll take a nap when you come home. Okay?" Bucky asked.

"You have yourself a deal, baby." Violet said happily. She pulled him to her until their lips met, her hands sliding back until she was gripping onto the short, dark hair on the nape of his neck. Bucky tightened the grip he had around her, his hands firmly but softly holding onto her bare back. They kissed passionately until Violet broke the kiss, resting her forehead against his.

"Talk to me, doll." Bucky insisted. He had a feeling she was wanting to say something, that she was holding back.

"I just...I'm not prepared to do that again, not yet." Violet said nervously.

Bucky moved his flesh hand from her back, cupping her cheek gently, turning her face to look at him again. "I didn't expect you to. I'm not going to expect sex everytime we make out, doll. Nothing has to change, we will still move at a pace you're comfortable with." He promised.

"I'm comfortable. I'm just... I can't do that again yet." Violet said just as nervously.

"Sore?" Bucky asked. Violet blushed a deep red but nodded at him. "You can always talk to me about this stuff. About anything." He reassured her.

Violet felt herself relax at how wonderful and understanding Bucky was. "You're right, I'm sorry." Violet said. Bucky pulled her in for a quick kiss. "You don't have to be sorry. You just have to tell me how you want us to proceed." Bucky said.

"I still don't want to make the decisions. I don't want to always have to ask you for sex." Violet said timidly.

"Okay." Bucky said calmly. "I just need you to know that you can always turn me down, that you saying no will never upset me." He said.

"I know. I trust you." Violet promised.

"Good. You can always trust me. But you need to pack, do you want help?" Bucky asked.

"I'm not ready to be away from you yet." Violet admitted shyly. Bucky leaned in and stole another kiss. "I know, doll. How about you go pack and we'll nap until Steve knocks?" He offered. Violet jumped up, darting into the closet. She packed a change of clothes, her favorite Starset t-shirt, a set of pajamas and a few extra pairs of underwear before rushing into the bathroom to grab her toiletries. It took her less than 5 minutes to be packed, jumping happily back into the bed and curling up with Bucky.

"How long do we have?" Violet asked. Bucky let out a quiet laugh before checking his phone. "An hour and twenty minutes." He said with a sad smile, he already knew he was going to miss her so much this weekend. He already knew he wasn't going to sleep well.

"Then you better get that butt to sleep." Violet teased, she scooted down into the bed and opened her arms for him. Bucky rolled his eyes playfully, laying down and pulling Violet up onto his chest. Now that he wasn't afraid of Violet leaving him, he had to admit he was quite tired. He drifted off to sleep before Violet even shifted to a comfortable position on top of him.