Chapter 19

** TW for this chapter. Mentions of rape, DV (Domestic violence) and SH (self harm) **

Violet felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and slowly reached back into her back pocket to grab it. She had her cheek pressed into Bucky's chest but opened one eye to read her message from Tony. With her left hand she tried to text back. Between using her left hand and being tired she kept misspelling things and hitting the wrong keys so she sighed and gave up, flopping her phone down on the couch.

"Having trouble?" Bucky asked with a small laugh.

"It's too early for this." Violet groaned and rolled off of Bucky's chest. But she pressed herself up against his side as she grabbed her phone and tried again to text Tony back. She wasn't even sure she was registering what the text said, she was convinced she was still dreaming as her fingers typed nonsense into the message.

"Then go back to sleep, it's still early." Bucky promised her. He rubbed his hand along her back lightly.

"No its not, we already missed breakfast." Violet protested sleepily.

"So? Sleep as long as you'd like. You don't have plans until this afternoon anyway." Bucky said with a smile.

Violet smiled brightly when she remembered she had a date with Bucky today. Her cheeks flushed a faded shade of pink as she stared up at him. "What should I wear?" She asked.

"Knowing you, something warm." Bucky teased.

"I always do. Where are we going? Will we be outside?" Violet asked.

"We'll be outside for some of it. Inside for most of it." Bucky said.

"Where are we going?" Violet repeated.

"You'll see." He teased, leaning down to kiss the top of her head, Violet's cheeks flushed a somehow darker shade of pink. She laid there in his arms for a while until she woke up enough to read her text from Tony.

"Tony wanted me to take the whole team to dinner tonight, I'm gonna postpone him until tomorrow." Violet said, quickly texting back and apologizing but asking if they could do it tomorrow instead. Tony quickly replied and agreed, also said he missed her the last couple of days. A moment later, Bucky's phone went off, informing him that tomorrow the whole team was going to dinner.

Violet yawned, stretching against Bucky's chest and stretching her legs out with her toes pointed forward before settling again. She stared up at him while he read an ebook until he noticed she was watching him. "I'm glad you stayed." Bucky said, smiling down at her.

"I am too, even though it's cold in here." Violet said with a small laugh.

"Next time we'll go to your place." Bucky said.

"You want to do this again?" Violet asked nervously. She didn't expect he would just want to be around her so intimately, especially now. Knowing that she wasn't comfortable with sex, at least not yet, not for a while. The thought alone terrified her.

"Doll, I'd stay with you every night if you'd let me." He said sweetly.

"Really? Even though.." Violet started, but Bucky cut her off with a quick kiss. "Yes." He promised.

"Violet, I just want to be around you. We will move at a pace you're comfortable with." Bucky promised her. Violet scooted up against his body until they were face to face, quickly crashing her lips with his. Bucky reached up a hand a held onto her face, the other remaining tightly around her waist. They kissed passionately until Violet lightly nipped at his bottom lip, he welcomed her tongue while they kissed. Bucky slid his hand down from her waist to the top of her ass and her lower back, Violet wrapped both arms around his neck. Bucky felt his cock growing hard but ignored it, he didn't want to pull away from her. The two continued making out passionately until Violet finally broke the kiss and rested her forehead against his.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm probably making things hard for you." Violet said. Bucky let out a quiet chuckle. "Difficult, I know I'm making things difficult." Violet corrected.

Bucky moved his hand from her face to the back of her head, his fingers sliding into her braid as he held onto her. "I don't mind." He promised.

"Should I leave you alone so you can take a cold shower?" Violet asked nervously with a small laugh.

"Don't you dare." Bucky teased, he leaned down and gave her a quick kiss before pulling his hand out of her hair. He reached for the remote to the TV he almost never used and handed it to her before settling his hand on her back again. She quickly turned on Insidious but neither seemed to watch it, they just enjoyed being so close to each other. Halfway through the movie Violet sighed and adjusted until she was sitting up.

"I promised you I'd tell you everything." She said nervously.

Bucky sat up as well, pulling her against his chest. "We don't have to do this, no matter what you could tell me, my feelings don't change." He promised.

"We do, though. I can't only have Matt know everything and not my boyfr-" Violet cut herself off and turned red.

"You can say it, I bet it sounds pretty good." Bucky teased, but he really did want to hear her say it.

Violet shifted nervously, staring at her hands in her lap. "My brother can't know while my boyfriend doesn't." She said shyly. Bucky picked up her chin with a vibranium finger until she was looking at him and gave her a quick soft kiss.

"You can tell me as much or as little as you want. My feelings don't change." Bucky reassured her.

Violet sighed heavily before starting. She explained Taylor moving her in with him when she was 15 and he was 18. How he was nice at first, he said he wanted to take her away from her abusive parents and she happily accepted. How everything changed when he left for boot camp. He started to drink and get mean when he came back. He'd take out his frustrations on her when he'd come home from AIT. The first time he ever raped her she was 16 and he was 19, he had came home drunk and yelling about being tired of taking orders. She fought him until he blacked her eye for the first time, she gave up fighting him off after that. Then she explained John, the best friend. She explained that while Taylor was deployed he 'loaned' Violet to John. She explained that John had also raped her repeatedly while Taylor was overseas, but he never hit her. He seemed to enjoy when she cried and begged him to stop.

Bucky didn't say anything while she talked, he just listened and kept his arms around her. She explained having to miss a month of school when Taylor came back from deployment. He was the one that let John have her, but when he got back he was disgusted that she was with John, he beat her worse than she'd ever been beaten before. He broke her nose, shattered her eye socket, 2 broken ribs and broke her arm that day. Then she explained what all the tiny cuts on her legs were, that each time Taylor laid a hand on her was a new cut. That even though now at 25 she knew it was stupid, when she was younger it was a way to control something in her life.

When Violet was done she sighed and backed away from Bucky, expecting him to be disgusted by her.

"Is that everything?" He asked calmly, he had let her pull away from him but kept his hands on her. Violet nodded and Bucky lifted her up into his lap, putting his arms back around her. "I'm so sorry." Bucky said softly, he kissed her temple as he did so.

"Nothing changed my mind about you, but I do kinda wish you'd let Matt and I handle them both." Bucky said. Violet leaned her head against his shoulder but didn't say anything.

"You're not that guy anymore. And Matt isn't a killer, I can't have either one of you abandoning your morals for me." Violet said after a few minutes, she really wasn't sure what to say. But she was surprised that Bucky didn't have a bad reaction.

"I'm not that guy, until it comes to my girl. Matt and I would both do anything for you. We would kill for you if it came to it." Bucky said confidently.

"But you shouldn't." Violet said, staring up at him.

"But I would." Bucky added, he placed a soft kiss on her lips, keeping both arms firmly around her while he did so.