Chapter 20

Violet took a long hot shower before getting ready for her date. Her mind felt clearer than it had in months. She told Bucky everything, and he wasn't disgusted by her, he didn't push her away or slam the door in her face. She never expected anyone to react like that aside from Matt and Foggy. She never expected her boyfriend to be so okay with everything, she still couldn't believe that's what Bucky was now, her boyfriend.

When she was done with the shower, Violet threw on a pair of tights before adding a pair of acid washed skinny jeans on top to keep warm. She threw on her favorite peach colored sweater as well. It looked like it was chunky knitted and ended an inch or two after the waistband of her jeans. She also threw on her simple black ankle boots and the leather coat from Nat. She truly did hate leather, but with Taylor throwing her coat away she was left with no choice. A knock at the door peeled her away, when she opened it she saw Steve in the doorway.

"Haven't seen you in a few days, wanted to check in. I've missed you." Steve admitted. Violet wrapped her arms around his torso, giving him a quick hug. Steve immediately reciprocated, wrapping his arms around her and resting his head on top of hers for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I've been wrapped up in Tony's project." She admitted.

"Tony misses you, you know?" Steve said.

"Me? Why?" She asked.

"The whole team loves you, you do know that, right? You should visit Tony before you head out for the afternoon." Steve said. Violet looked at him confused, she didn't know if he was assuming or if Bucky told him.

"You just looked like you were heading out." Steve quickly lied, he pieced it together. Between seeing them curled up together last night and seeing Bucky getting ready he knew what was going on.

"Oh, thank you. I'll head down there now. I'm not leaving for another 45 minutes." Violet admitted. She grabbed her phone and took off towards the lab to find Tony while Steve went to check on Bucky.

"Hey, Tony. You wanted to see me?" Violet asked when she stepped into the lab. Tony quickly pulled her into a small hug. "Just missed you, kid." He admitted.

"Oh you did not." Violet teased.

"Did too, I texted you last night. I wanted to see how the surgery went. Did Robocop scare Anthony away?" Tony asked.

"He kept him from being inappropriate. The surgery was a success though, I don't have another appointment with him for a month." Violet explained.

"Is this Clint's appointment or yours?" Tony asked.

"Mine, I think. I don't know if Clint would be able to tell if the swelling is down enough to get accurate measurements." Violet said.

"He's smart, he can figure it out. But if not call one of us, we'll sit in with you." Tony promised. The two talked for a while, about the arm and about Tony's new department he's hoping she will run before they switched to lighter topics. They talked about movies and music, Tony taking a few band recommendations since he liked the same style of music, just the older generation of it.

"So what's got you all dressed up for? You look cute, kid." Tony said, plopping down at his desk, Violet sat on his desk since he stuck his feet on the empty chair.

"I'm headed for a date in a little bit." Violet admitted, her cheeks were fully flushed.

"Sam actually asked you out? We told him to back off." Tony said, rolling his eyes.

"Sam didn't ask me out?" Violet said with a small laugh, she didn't even know Sam was into her. Bucky knocked on the doorway to the lab, both Violet and Tony turned around to look at him.