Chapter 6

Bucky led Violet out to the garage, leading her to his blacked out lifted Jeep Wrangler that was parked next to his motorcycle, but he knew it was far too cold for her to get on the bike. He also had a blacked out tesla on the other side of his Jeep but figured with the snow he'd be better off with four wheel drive. He opened the passenger door for her and chuckled as she struggled to throw her leg up into the jeep.

"This isn't easy when you're five foot nothing, in a dress.." Violet admitted, jumping to grab the grab handle but missing it.

Bucky laughed and came up behind her. "May I touch you?" He asked calmly. Violet nodded in agreement, her cheeks flushing a faded pink. So, Bucky put both hands on her waist and easily lifted her into the jeep, holding his hands out to steady her until she was safely in the seat. He rushed over to the driver's side and hopped in, starting the jeep and immediately cranking the heat for her.

"You know, I would've been fine if I wasn't still in a dress." Violet said, turning to stare at Bucky as he backed out of his parking space.

"Whatever you say." Bucky teased as he drove off towards the closest Whole Foods.

"Not funny, I'm flexible." Violet protested, Bucky laughed. "Whatever you say. Steve is right by the way, pretty sure I could've lifted you with my pinkey." Bucky teased.

"Well it is made of metal.." Violet said sarcastically.

"Vibranium." Bucky corrected her with a smile.

"Whats the difference?" Violet asked.

"It's stronger than any metal, like ever. Weighs less too, and it can absorb shock. It comes from space I guess, rarest metal to ever exist." Bucky explained.

"That's actually pretty cool, and it's wired to work with your brain, right? Does it have sensors for temperature and touch?" Violet asked.

"Yeah, it does." Bucky said.

"Sorry, I'm not trying to pry, the bioengineer in me is having a fangirl moment." Violet admitted.

"Next time I get it adjusted I can bring you with me." Bucky promised.

"Really?" Violet practically squealed, Bucky laughed and shook his head lightly. "Sure, anything to see you geek out." He teased.

"I'm not a geek." Violet argued with a laugh.

"No, you're definitely a geek, but it's cute." Bucky admitted. Violet blushed, forcing her eyes away from him as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Why don't you connect your phone, so I can hear what kind of music you like?" Bucky offered, Violet smiled nervously and pulled her phone out of her pocket, ignoring the 23 missed calls from Taylor and the 37 text messages from him. She connected her phone and played her most played songs on Spotify, the number one song being Symbiotic by Starset.

Bucky watched as she mumbled the words under her breath and lightly danced in her seat as he drove. He almost decided to drive to the next closest store, just to get more time with her. But he pulled into the Whole Foods anyway. "Stay here." Bucky said with a laugh as he hopped out and rushed over to her side. He opened her door and held out his arms for her.

"I could have slid out." Violet said as she scooted to the edge of the seat and let Bucky pick her up and lightly sit her on her feet. "As cute as that would have been, it's icy out." He said, offering his arm to her. She nervously wrapped her hand around his arm and walked into the store with him. She grabbed a cart and immediately headed for the produce section. She grabbed several heads of cauliflower, multiple artichokes, several bundles of spinach, fresh lemons, a bulb of garlic, fresh parsley, rosemary, baby potatoes and a small container of pre chopped onions before heading towards the pantry section.