CHAPTER 24: FIELD TRIP, PART 2: AN AFTERNOON AT THE LAKE

Kakashi lines all of us up once we've arrived at the large cabin we'll be spending the night at.

"Don't do anything stupid, please," he begs, yawning underneath this mask, "Just behave and have a good time, alright? Let's make this easy on each other so we can enjoy the trip."
Unfortunately, I highly doubt that's going to happen with all of these troublemakers around.

Yuki raises his hand suddenly, clearly wanting to say something.

"Mr. Hatake! Is it okay if we spend the day at the lake? I promise we'll be safe and watch out for one another!"
Kakashi's eyebrows raise at Yuki's thought.
"Sure! That's a great idea, actually! Good job, Yuki. Everyone, have some fun at the lake, okay? I'm going to read this new issue of Makeout Tactics! Master Jiraiya's really outdone himself this time!"
I don't think he should be telling anyone how to behave at this rate. What a pervert.

After our little class meeting, everyone begins to change into their swimsuits, except for me because of one, embarrassing reason——I can't swim. Have I told anyone about this? Absolutely not.

If they find out I can't swim, I'll get made fun of for sure!
My face begins to heat up and my heart begins to pound.

It's okay, Y/N! Just keep it a secret from everyone and you'll be fine!

Leisurely, I stroll alongside Yuki and Tohru, the three of us trailing behind the rest of our classmates as we all head to the lake.

"I'm so excited to take a swim!" Tohru exclaims, "I can't remember the last time we had a lake day."
Yuki nods in agreement.

As for me, I haven't been able to focus on anything but all of the boys, who are in swim trunks, meaning they're shirtless! This includes Yuki, of course, who is surprisingly in really great shape considering he claims to be a non-athletic person. Some of the people I never expected to have abs, like Armin, Giyuu and Tomoe, are absolutely ripped!

I'm really the luckiest person on earth right about now!

"Why didn't you change, Y/N?" Tohru asks innocently.

I stutter, having been afraid this topic would come up.

"Uh... I forgot my swimsuit," I lie, "It must've slipped my mind when I was packing. Oh, well, looks like I won't be able to swim! I'll just watch from the shore."

———

I sit on a beach chair underneath an umbrella, which is shielding me from the blazing sunlight. The lake in front of me is so large and blue that it almost looks like a miniature ocean. Even the waves are riding up on the shoreline, turning the sand to a dark color when they collide.

However, I am more than happy observing from a distance as my classmates frolic in the water, splashing one another.

I cringe as Tengen grabs Neji by the waist and dunks him into the lake. But my pity toward him is washed away when he emerges, completely soaked from head to toe. His long hair is now dripping wet, and I gulp at the sight. As a matter of fact, all of the boys are infinitely more attractive because of their outfits and environment. There's something about wet hair that can drive anyone insane.

Jeez... Help me...

I flinch when Hidan races out of the lake and makes a beeline toward me.

"What's up?!" I squeal nervously, my eyes trying to keep themselves away from his ripped stomach.

He smirks devilishly before bending down and embracing me in his arms, lifting me from the chair.

I'm a blushing mess as he begins to carry me over his shoulder toward the water.