CHAPTER 3: SELF-DEFENSE

After homeroom ends, Kakashi is kind enough to give me my schedule so I can be on time to the rest of my classes.

However, as I stroll down the hallways aimlessly, I'm beginning to realize that perhaps I should have asked for a map of some sort. This place is surprisingly big, especially because it has so few students. There are a couple of overhead signs pointing to different locations, but none specific enough for me to follow with confidence.

I'm gonna be late to first period!

I sigh, trying to soothe the anxiety working its way into my veins. Just then, I feel someone tap me lightly on the shoulder. I flinch at their touch, but then turn around to see that it had only been Neji Hyuga, one of the kinder people in my grade.

"Are you lost?" He questions.

I nod, humiliated a bit.

"Yeah, I've never been here before, so I have absolutely no idea where anything is," I explain.

He outstretches a hand toward me and asks to take a look at my schedule.

"How ironic!" He exclaims, "We share the same first period class——Self-defense."
I feel a wave of relief wash over me at his words.

"Let us go there together," he suggests, "Come with me."

Neji returns my schedule to me and begins to move yet again. I trail a small distance behind him, admiring him from head to toe.

He's gorgeous between that long, dark brown hair and those beautiful light eyes.

Stop day-dreaming, Y/N! I snap myself out of it and simply focus on walking.

"Why were you recruited to attend our school?" Neji asks out of the blue, "Is Principal L conducting another one of his experiments, I wonder?"

I shrug half-heartedly.

"Honestly, I wasn't told much," I confess, "But you could be right. After all, he kidnapped me without an ounce of shame, and brought me here. So, I've had a rough day."
Neji looks back at me with an empathetic expression.
"Principal L is a good person," he assures me, "His tactics are just... questionable."

Yeah, he's got that right.

Finally, Neji and I arrive outside of a large room that must be the high school's gymnasium.

"We're here," Neji declares, and opens the door, allowing me to step through before he closes it behind the both of us.

I can't help but marvel at the sight in front of me——the gym is undoubtedly lavish, the ceiling made completely out of glass and the rest of shiny, sleek wood. Students I recognize from my homeroom class are already sparring on mats.

That's odd, all of the Demon Slayer characters seem to be here, along with Neji, the odd one out.

"Hey, Guys," a low voice utters, spooking the living daylights out of me.

I instinctively jump at the shock, only to realize that the voice had come from Giyuu, who has changed into a gym uniform that shows off his toned body nicely.

"What's wrong, Y/N? Are you alright?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

"Y-Yeah," I stammer, taken aback by how attractive he is, "I just didn't see you there, that's all."
His face noticeably droops.

"Oh..." he whispers, "Sorry... that tends to happen a lot..."
I frown sadly as he curls inward, clearly self-conscious due to his lack of social presence. I rest a hand on his shoulder.