CHAPTER 22: DEIDARA'S PATIENCE

The next morning, in homeroom, I can hardly focus on anything. By now, I have kissed far more than half of my classmates. And what's scary is that I have enjoyed the feeling of each and every one of their lips on my skin. Thankfully, I only have two more roommates to get through. First of whom is Deidara. And I must admit, I'm a little anxious about what could happen tonight, seeing as he practically confessed to me on the very first day of school. He doesn't beat around the bush at all!
Girls are constantly swarming Deidara, asking him out, fawning over him. And there are two painfully obvious reasons why——his tongue-hands. Even I have occasionally fantasized about them——but then I push the unholy thoughts from my mind because I begin to feel a bit guilty. So, hopefully, Deidara won't tempt me too much like Eren did last night when he removed his sweatshirt.

When school's finally over, the artsy blonde approaches me, a slightly maniacal grin on his face.

The two of us are pretty good friends, so tonight probably won't be that awkward.

"Y/N!" Deidara calls happily, "It's finally my turn! I've been so patient. Damn that Kakashi insisting upon reverse alphabetical order, hm!"

I giggle at his spunky attitude before heaving my backpack over my shoulder.

"Let's go!"

———

Deidara lives in a house on the smaller side that is covered in modern art, which mimics his signature belief——"Art is an explosion!"

The color scheme of his home is so bright that it almost hurts my eyes, but I can't help but smile at it because it's wonderfully unique, much like him.

"This is my place!" He announces proudly, throwing his arms into the air, "Please make yourself comfortable, Y/N!"

He rests a hand on my shoulder as the both of us collapse onto the sofa.

I grin mischievously at him, causing his eyebrows to furrow.

"What is it?" He asks worriedly.

I wring my hands nervously as I open my mouth to speak.

"D-Dei," I begin, "Can I, maybe, do your hair? I-I've wanted so since the beginning of the year."
It's true——ever since I first saw the boy, I knew it would be fun to play in his hair. He has such long, shiny golden locks, after all.

"Yeah, go ahead," he approves, "Whatever you want."
I figured he would allow me to, seeing as he's not really the kind of person to be uptight about trivial things.

I ask him to face away from me before running my fingers through his soft hair, stroking it gently a few times before removing the ponytail that is keeping it in a half-updo.

He thrashes his head around violently so his hair falls neatly around his shoulders and down his back. And then, he turns toward me, a grin on his perfect face.

"How do I look?" He asks, "I haven't had it down for a while. What do you think?"
Deidara's always been absolutely breathtaking. But being this close to him makes me realize the full extent of his beauty.

My heart starts to pound and a strong feeling of desire begins to wash over me.

I push a piece of hair hanging loosely in front of his left eye behind his ear. I gaze into his baby blue eyes and notice his smile begin to fade as tension seeps into the room.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper, unable to lie.

I close my eyes and lean into him, preparing myself for the wave of trembles that will roll through my body as our lips meet, but much to my surprise, he puts a finger to my mouth, preventing me from coming any closer.