[19.] Failing To Escape

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Jin and BTS entered the Big Hit building sometime around noon. PD-nim had told them to come and see him so they could discuss the final details about the concerts they would be doing for the American tour which was only a month or two away. They also found out that coincidentally Big Hit's newly debuted band TXT would also be getting their own concert in Chicago around the same time that BTS would be in Chicago.

Dao mentioned something like that to Jin a couple of days ago, but he had to admit that he wasn't paying much attention since he was more worried about Dao burning the apartment kitchen down at the time. He'd offered to start giving her cooking lessons. If she was at home here in Korea and he was on tour with his members, she couldn't just depend on Yeonjun for dinner or keep on ordering takeouts (it wasn't healthy).

Jimin noticed that his hyung had completely zoned out on PD-nim and subtly knocked him with his knee under the table. Jin snapped out of his thoughts and glanced up catching Jimin's eye. He didn't say anything and just listened as Jimin signaled for him to pay attention. Jin turned his head back toward PD-nim and leaned forward in his chair with his arms resting down against the desk.

When the meeting was over BTS was going to leave the building and head back to their dorm, but that was before they noticed that Jin was missing.

"Where's Jin hyung?" Jungkook asked.

Everyone glanced around at the question, Jin didn't even tell them he was going anywhere let alone just disappearing on them.

"I don't know," Namjoon admitted.

"He must be with his girlfriend," Jimin said with a smirk.

Hobi's face gained a playful expression to it. "Let's go and see."

"We don't even know which floor they're on or even if that's where Jin hyung disappeared to," Yoongi reminded them.

"I do!" Taehyung said with a grin on his face. He went over to the elevator and pushed the button in as the rest of the members followed after him.

"How do you know which floor they'll be on?" Jimin questioned.

"I accidentally got off on the wrong floor last month and saw TXT practicing through the practice mirror. They're good," Taehyung praised as the elevator doors slid open.

"Hyung's going to kill us," Namjoon muttered.

They all got into the elevator and Taehyung pressed the floor button.

***

Dao was dancing in the practice room alone. There were two different rooms that TXT used when it came to practices; the main room and the side room. Sometimes Dao liked to practice by herself, she always wanted all of her moves to be perfect so she did them over and over again until she was fully satisfied. TXT had learned back in their trainee days that it was best to leave her alone when she was like this.

They had a group practice in twenty minutes' time so Dao was using her free time to try and smooth over her choreography. Soobin texted her a reminder not to be late under any circumstances and Beomgyu texted her that he'd bought her something to eat and drink before practice started.

Dao was just about to leave the practice room when she yelped in surprise and almost had a heart attack. She bent down to pick up her bag and when she stood back up again two arms had wrapped themselves around her waist.

"Jagi, I missed you," Jin whispered in her ear.

Dao sighed in relief to know that it was her boyfriend and not some random person, she immediately relaxed against him. She dropped her bag at her feet and put her hands over Jin's hands that were resting on her stomach.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry," Jin chuckled.

He kissed Dao on the cheek before pulling away from her just enough to turn her around to face him.

"What are you doing here?" Dao asked. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, World Wide Handsome," she smiled at him. "But aren't you being a little bit careless right now?"

Jin shrugged. He probably was, no, he definitely was. But he hadn't seen Dao all week already, he was missing her like crazy and quick texts here and there were only making things worse. Besides, BTS had nothing else planned for the day except for a practice session much later in the afternoon.

Jin tucked a strand of hair behind Dao's ear. "No one saw me. I'll leave in a few minutes."

"You better," Dao told him and he arched an eyebrow at her. "Don't look at me like that. I didn't mean it like that. It's just... I've got to get to practice soon."

"Awe," Jin said as he cupped Dao's face in his hands and playfully tilted her head from side to side. "Is my Star overworking herself?"

"Mm," Dao nodded with a pout.

The two laughed at themselves. Never in a million years did either of them think they'd end up in a relationship where they were acting like those cringey and clingy couples, though while they were doing it they didn't really care.

"Hyung!"

"Jin hyung!"

Jin and Dao's peaceful moment together was shattered by the sound of Jin's members calling out to him and the door to the practice room getting thrown open. Jin's eyes widened in panic as BTS piled in one after the other and Namjoon gently closed the door behind them. Dao fell out of Jin's embrace to crouch down on the floor with her face hidden in her arms.

"Hyung, aren't you going to introduce us?" Hobi asked with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you doing here? How did you even know where I was?" Jin exclaimed.

Everyone pointed at Taehyung.

"Sorry hyung," Taehyung sheepishly grinned.

Jimin slung an arm over his soulmate's shoulder. "Jinnie hyung, come on! We really want to meet the star of your eye."

Dao laughed at them but kept her face hidden. Jin glanced down at her not knowing what to do, how to explain himself, how to apologize, or what to yell at his members for first.

"Don't be shy," Jimin smiled down at Dao.

"Yeah, we don't bite!" Jungkook teasingly reassured.

"Ignore them," Jin advised in a soft voice but when he looked back at his members his face was beet red and his tone was annoyed, "Yah! Wait until I deal with you all! How dare you follow me! What's wrong with you, huh?"

Dao braced herself before getting back to her feet and pushing her hair out of her face. She was red too but not nearly as much as Jin. She immediately bowed to her seniors in the company and the music industry in general.

"Hello, I'm Dao. It's nice to meet you, sunbae-nims," she greeted.

"Yah! Why are you being so polite? They don't deserve it-- They ambushed me-- they..." Jin was ready to angry rap at his members but Dao patted his arm in comfort.

"It's okay," she said and carried on smiling. "I have to get to practice," she turned her face to look at Jin. "I'll see you later. Invite them over for dinner, you can cook!" Dao grinned before grabbing her bag from the floor and waving goodbye to BTS.

"I always cook, don't I?" Jin called after her in a whine before giving up and sighing. "Yah, you punks! Are you happy now? My girlfriend ran away from me because of you."

"She's cute," Jungkook commented, much like he had back at the last fan meeting Dao had attended.

And just like back then, Jin sent him a look and shouted, "Jungkook-ah, you brat! She's my girlfriend! Why don't you call your own girlfriend cute?"

Jungkook grinned. "Because my girlfriend's beautiful," he said in a cheeky tone.

"Wow, unbelievable!" Jin breathed out.