[14.] Dao's Free Day

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Everyone in TXT had been working nonstop recently, they were all tired and stressed out so the staff arranged for them to get one day off to relax. None of them went to the Big Hit building that day and rather slept in late at their dorm.

When Dao woke up that morning it was already the afternoon, she was still exhausted but managed to force herself out of bed. Yeonjun was the only other one awake. While Dao looked like a train wreck and her hair looked like a bird's nest, Yeonjun looked like a model straight off of the runway. He was already dressed for the day with his hair styled perfectly and his face glowing from the good night's rest.

How? Dao wanted to ask but rather shook her head. Yeonjun was texting Changbin from Stray Kids so the two of them could hang out and catch up. Dao walked past him and into the bathroom without being noticed. She also wanted to hang out with a friend today to just relax and somewhat forget her idol status.

If she could she would've wanted to spend the day with Jin but she knew he was busy. He and BTS were doing a new RUN BTS episode today. Dao wasn't sure what it included but she guessed she'd find out sooner or later; either by Jin telling her or by TXT watching the episode.

Dao quickly showered, washed her hair, and curled it. She then did a light touch-up of makeup for the day. She used lip balm instead of lipstick and only a thin foundation with nothing else. It was a simple and natural look, unlike every other day where make-up artists caked her face in layers and layers of powder, cream, and blush. Dao's outfit for the day was also pretty simple; a pink top, a blue denim skirt, and black flats.

"Oh, you're awake?" Yeonjun said as Dao came out of the bathroom.

"Hm, for a while now," she nodded.

"You look pretty," he complimented with a smile and a thumbs up.

"You look handsome," Dao said back. "What are your plans for the day?" she asked as she sat on the couch beside Yeonjun.

"I'm gonna hang out with Changbinnie, you wanna come with me?"

Dao smiled but shook her head. "No, it's okay, I've got plans too."

"With who?" Yeonjun asked moving his head from side to side playfully. "Are they TXT approved?"

"Keep a secret for me?" Dao asked.

Yeonjun side glanced at the other members still sleeping soundly before he held his pinky out to Dao. She locked her own with his as she whispered, "I'm hanging out with Lisa and Rosé. We're going bike riding."

Yeonjun showed his surprise through his eyes but other than that he didn't say anything. Despite the fact that the media kept painting bad blood between their companies, especially BLACKPINK and BTS (mostly dating rumors), they were actually on good terms with one another.

Yeonjun nodded and stood up from the couch when he got a text. "I'm gonna leave then. Be safe out there, noona!"

"I told you not to call me that!" Dao exclaimed as Yeonjun shut the door behind him. She could hear him laughing from the other side, but soon the sound disappeared.

Dao sat on the couch for the next twenty minutes; scrolling through social media and catching up on her texts to everyone back home when finally Beomgyu and Kai crawled themselves out of bed. Soobin was the next one and then about thirty minutes later Taehyun. They all looked like zombies. Their hair was tangled and messy, their eyes were still half closed, and their steps to find breakfast were slow and sluggish. Dao laughed at them before grabbing her bag and heading out for the day.