[02] Dao's New Normal

CHAPTER TWO

Dao went home the next day and the first thing she did when she got back to Thailand was text the idol who gave his number to her. Jin never replied to any of her texts and left her on seen every time she texted him, but still, she made sure to text him every day.

Her first text went like this.

WWH Jin

 - Hi World Wide Handsome!

This is your fan, the one you gave your number to
I just realized I never told you my name
It's Dao, which means Star

Seen

Then the texts after that were all the same, too.

WWH Jin

- I passed my exams today!

Seen

WWH Jin

- My brother's forcing me out of the house today

I've been studying nonstop, he says I need sunshine
Help me!

Seen

WWH Jin

- It's my best friend's birthday
she wants to go to an amusement park

Roller coasters... I'm scared of heights!
Wish me luck!!!

Seen

WWH Jin

- I don't think I've mentioned this before
But I hate tea and I love coffee!
My brother just bought us a new coffee maker, yay!!!

Seen

WWH Jin

- I saw your new music video.
It was great!
You were super handsome!!!

Seen

And it carried on like that for about the first two months. Dao would text him about anything going on in her daily life and Jin would leave her on seen.

She didn't mind though because at least that meant he was reading it, right? So she kept on texting him and texting him. She told him about her friends, about her school life, about her brother, and about her part-time job as an actress. Even after four months, each time she texted him he would still leave it on seen. And she still didn't give it much thought.

It was sometime during Thailand's cool season that Dao sent a random text to Jin like she always did. She was bored and hungry as she waited for her brother to finish up his one-episode scene. So Dao ended up texting Jin a list of her favorite foods. She wondered what his would be, but knew even if she asked him, he wouldn't reply.