[07.] Another Fan Meet

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jin had been sitting for the past hour greeting fans and signing CD covers. Though he had to admit that compared to dance practice this felt like a vacation, even if he was slowly losing feeling in his legs. His phone was set down next to him on the table and out of habit, he glanced at it every five minutes.

The other members noticed how addicted Jin had been to his phone lately, but whenever they brought it up he'd either get defensive about it or completely silent. His face would also get a brighter color to it, and his ears would be the first to go red.

Jin waved as he watched an ARMY leave his table. He then mindlessly took the next CD from the next fan but didn't look up as he did it.

"Hey, World Wide Handsome! Did you forget about me already?" a voice asked him.

Jin creased his brow as he wondered why that voice sounded so familiar. He looked up and his eyes widened in surprise but thankfully he was good at masking his emotions or else it might have been way too obvious to see.

Dao was standing in front of him, smiling brightly and leaning her arms down against the table. "I thought you were busy?" Jin asked as he quickly picked up his pen again.

"I finished early!" Dao replied. "I thought you might miss me too much and get disappointed if I didn't come."

Wow, she hadn't changed a bit. Still so straightforward and with zero shame in her words. Jin glanced up at her with a smile before he shook his head and looked back down at the CD.

"Really?" he asked.

"Didn't you miss me?" Dao asked, smiling.

Jin ignored the question but felt his heart flutter just like it had when they first met. Instead, he tried to change the subject. "How long have you been in Korea? Did you eat the food I recommended?"

"I arrived yesterday," Dao answered. "And of course I did! It was really good, you have good taste," she complimented him.

"It's my specialty," he remarked. "So when are you going back to Thailand?"

Dao wanted to tease Jin for a bit but in the end, she decided against it. "I'm not," she said. "Well, not anytime soon. I wanted to come and tell you in person. I went for an audition, I'm officially a trainee now."

"You never mentioned anything about an audition or becoming a trainee," Jin stared at her in surprise.

"I wanted to surprise you," Dao said. Jin almost didn't hear her so he leaned closer to her just as she whispered, "it's so I can see you more often and in person. We should go out sometime," she said and smiled at him just as Jin turned his head to look at her.

"You're asking me out on a date again?" Jin asked, referring back to one of their more recent texts where Dao kept asking him out.

"Consider it a happy date for me staying in Korea," she told him.

Jin had absolutely no control over what he said next. He didn't even realize it until the words left his mouth. "I like that idea."

It was now Dao's turn to be surprised by Jin, but then she was smiling again. "Really?"

"Yes," he nodded. "What kind of date will it be?" he asked trying to tease her, but it didn't work.

 "Whichever kind of date I'm lucky enough to get from you," Dao said.

"Do you remember the age difference between us?" Jin asked.

"I do, we're seven years apart," Dao nodded, she didn't care one bit about the age difference. "But you look young to me!"

"Oh, only my looks matter then?" Jin remarked though he was smiling at her.

"You think I've been patient for a whole year because of your looks?" Dao commented back incredulously. Because no boy no matter how handsome he was, was worth so much of Dao's time and patience.

"Should I believe that?" Jin asked.

"Want me to list your good qualities?" Dao asked. She held up her hand and counted with her fingers. "You're kind, funny, you can be loud but you're also very gentle, understanding, caring, talented, passionate--"

"Okay, okay... I get it," Jin said, interrupting her.

"No, wait! I still have a lot more," Dao pouted.

"You're good at flattery," Jin complimented. He finished signing her CD cover and just like when he wrote his number on the inside of the CD back then, he did the same thing now as he scribbled down a time and a place for their date. "Congratulations!" Jin said as he held his hand up for Dao to high-five. He should have guessed she was going to do the same thing she did at last year's fan meeting, Dao interlinked their fingers together and held Jin's hand for about three seconds before waving goodbye to him.

"She's cute," Jin heard Jungkook say as Dao left.

He turned his head immediately and scolded, "Yah! She's my fan, Jungkook-ah! Focus on your own fans!"

And it was true, last year Dao stopped at each member's table for an autograph and a minute of their time, but this year she went straight to Jin and only Jin. He felt pretty proud about that.

Star Of My Eye || Kim Seokjinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें