19: Kiss

=MIA=

We just got to the party. A lovely lady came to Beni's side as soon as we got inside and I was shocked because of what she just did.

She kissed him. Not a kiss on the cheek but like a kiss, kiss. What sort of greeting is this? Is this a typical greeting in the West? I had assumed it would end right away, but they clearly had no intention of doing so. I looked down at my phone and pretended like I was doing something. I suddenly had a strange feeling. I have no idea why.

I quietly walk away. I would rather mingle with people I do not know than watch them make out. To my shock, I actually recognize a lot of famous people. I even saw one or two of Victoria's secret angels. I'm pretty sure most of the folks here are known people that I'm not familiar with.

"Hola! You're Mia, right? I didn't know I would see you here." I turn to look at the handsome young man, whom I do not recognize. He looks young, so I just assumed that he is.

"Yes. Yes, I am. Do I know you?" I politely asked him while shaking his hand when he reached it out.

"I'm Jefnier or Jef. I'm friends with Bad Bunny." he said.

"Oh. It's nice to meet you." I politely told him. 

"I actually wanted to meet you when I saw your photo. Is Benito with you?" he asked. What photo is he talking about?  

"Yes, but he's a little busy." I told him, remembering what had happened which brought a little damp to my mood. "Are you also from Puerto Rico?" I added. 

"Yeah. I'm just here to enjoy the festival vibe," and while we chatted about various topics at random, he asked for my phone number. It's not so bad to have more friends. We ended up exchanging our numbers. He even followed my Instagram account.

"What's your account's name?" I asked him. 

He said "Lunay." before I noticed it on my notification. I clicked on his account and was startled to see how many followers he has. I followed him back.

"Oh wow. You are famous. Are you also a singer?" I curiously asked him. 

"Yeah, singer and rapper." He said with a smile. He has such a nice and pleasing smile.

I was impressed and said, "Oh wow, you must have been pretty good at it considering the number of followers that you have.

"Just average." he humbly said. 

"I better listen to some of your songs then." I remarked. While we were talking, I spotted a familiar face heading towards us.

"Mia, you're here. I can see you met Jef." He said and the two greeted each other. 

"I'll leave you two be. Mia, it's nice to meet you." Jef said before hugging me and going somewhere.

Beni turned to face me and questioned, "Why did you leave?" And I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why would I watch you make out with someone? So, is she your girlfriend?" I curiously asked him. 

"Nah. I'm single and always ready to mingle." he replied. I know he is single since he wouldn't be hanging out with me if he isn't. But for me, it's just weird since I have a traditional mindset when it comes to intimate stuff. The majority of us women back home think in traditional ways. We should only kiss the guy we are interested in or in a relationship with. These days, modern women simply kiss anyone anytime they want without any strings attached.

"Okay. I see." I responded while nodding, "Is she one of your Gabrielas, Patricias, Nicoles, Sofias, or any of your ladies coming from different parts of the world?" I questioned, quoting the lyrics from his song Tití Me Preguntó.