18: Loco

=MIA=

I was amazed when I saw Beni's stage outfit. I just got back from roaming around and watching various performances while he was getting ready, and wow.

I check his outfit, and I can't help but wonder if he will be performing in it. "Are you performing shirtless?" He was wearing his pants thingy and bling blings on his neck without a shirt on. I can clearly see his body and tattoos.

"Yup. How do I look?" He said with a smile on his handsome face. 

"Hot. Your fans will surely like it and I'm one of them." Not gonna lie, I do enjoy this shirtless outfit. "By the way, I notice that you cut your hear. It looks good on you." I commented while playing with his braided hair. 

His outfit looks good, but I don't know why I keep thinking that it looks like pajamas. Is it because of the color? I better not tell him, lest he get insulted. It looks dope on him, though. He still has an hour before his performance, so we just stayed in his changing area, or whatever this is called.

"Your hand is large." I told him, comparing my hands to his. I first noticed how large his hand is in comparison to mine when I was fiddling with the rings on his fingers earlier out of boredom.

He said with a wink, "My hands are not the only huge parts of my body." He jumped out of his chair when I poked him in the side. I chuckled at his response.

He asked innocently, "What did I do?" as if he had no idea what he had said.

I told him, "That's what you get for being nasty."

He sat back down and lifted his feet to show me, saying, "My feet! I was talking about my feet. They're big."

"We both know that's not what you're talking about." I told him. He can be a little dirty-minded at times.

"What do you think I was talking about? I was definitely talking about my feet. Mia, tu eres traviesa." He said, and he looks at me like he was judging me or something.

"What does that mean?" I asked because I didn't understand the last part he said.

"Look it up." He urged with a chuckle, so I did. I asked him to repeat himself and opened my translation. I heard the app explain what he had said.

I immediately hit him in the arm. "I'm not naughty. Whatever. Isn't it time for you to perform? Go." I told him. I pretended I was upset, and stood up and sat on a chair a bit farther from him. I heard him chuckle.

"I still have more than thirty minutes. Let's talk about what you were thinking." He said as he stood up and sat beside me.

My face is burning and I told him, "Shut up! Don't turn this on me," feeling ashamed. 

Tsk. 

He has a smug grin on his face that makes me want to punch him. He is dressed up for his performance, which makes him look especially handsome right now. A staff member called him as his performance was about to begin.

I was about to go straight to his friends when I saw them, but he suddenly pulled my hand. So I look at him.

"Stay with my friends, so I can see you. I don't want you to get lost. " He said. 

Pshh. Why, exactly, would I get lost while watching a performance? Does he think I am dumb in some way? "Relax." I told him, rolling my eyes.

As we got to know each other, I realized that he is just like my Mom and Dad was when I was younger. Always nagging me with everything. I get that he's just worried, but his nagging is a little annoying. He added, "Stick with my friends and don't go anywhere else until I finish performing. Hey, I promised Tia Maria I'd take care of you."

"I know, Dad. Have fun on stage, and you better make sure that I will enjoy my first music festival." I told him.

"Instead of Dad, call me Papi. It sounds sexier. He said with a grin, and I immediately blushed like a teenager getting hit on by his crush. Not that he is my crush or anything like that. I don't. Seriously.

"You're crazy." I told him.

He winked and said, "Crazy for you." which made me blush even more. I ran toward his friends. He has gone loco. For sure.

I followed his friends, and we joined the crowd in the V.I.P area. I like the view on this area because it's near the stage and it's not too crowded. Earlier Beni introduced me to some of his friends who came to cheer him on and enjoy the festival vibe. I will be sticking with his friends to watch his performance. I believe this is a special treatment for folks who are friends with the artist who is scheduled to perform. The crowd was extremely pumped even before seeing Beni. It's just insane.

Beni took the stage shortly after, and the crowd immediately began chanting loudly. Really loud. When he began singing, things became even crazier. I really thought he would perform shirtless but he wore a jacket which is a bummer. Sometimes he would stop in front of us and look briefly at my area before shifting his gaze. Is he actually checking if I'm lost or something? Throughout the entire show, there was a lot of jumping, dancing, screaming, and singing. After everything was done, I felt both exhausted and happy.

Once he exited the stage, my buddies and I walked backstage to congratulate him. Before approaching him, I waited for him to finish talking to his friends. I exclaimed, "That was awsoooome!" and hugged him.

"Did you have fun?" He asked. I looked at him with disbelief. He did see me earlier, right? He most likely saw me dancing, yelling, singing along, and generally acting crazy.

"You already know how much I enjoyed it. You saw me." I told him.

He nodded with a grin and said, "Yes. Yes, I did." 

Before his friends left to check out the area, they told Beni that there would be a party later, and they even invited me to come along, which was nice of them.