Part Eighteen

When we are walking back towards our dorm, Hana, who was in the front, suddenly stops and turns around with an excited smile, "Guys, I have a bit of a surprise for you..." She turns back around and goes to open the door, but the handle doesn't move.

"Guys!" she calls through the door, "I told you to-!" The lock clicks and she grins at us shyly, then opens the door.

Suddenly the five of us are swallowed into the room by all of Stray Kids and ITZY congratulating us. Our debut song starts playing from... Somewhere in the room. The entire common area is decorated with banners in different shades of blue and balloons with "BLXE" printed on them.

Suddenly the delectable smell of chocolate fills my senses and I am instantly drawn to Felix pulling a fresh batch of brownies of the oven. He grins at me and gives his congratulations on our debut. It doesn't take long before several other people are around us, also drooling over the smell of the brownies.

"I think that's the first time that oven has been used," I comment, trying awkwardly to make small talk as I anxiously wait for the deserts to cool.

"I was wondering why it was so clean," Felix laughs.

Suddenly Hyunjin pops into my head and I look around, spotting him talking to Yeji and Minho. Felix nudges me and I blush when I notice I'm staring.

After a minute, Felix cuts the brownies and starts to serve them out to people on paper plates. He holds out two for me and leans down so only I can hear what he says, "Take him one."

I take a deep breath and walk over to Hyunjin, seeing him sitting by himself now, looking out the window.

"Not much of a party person?" I sit down next to him on the couch and set the two plates down on the coffee table next to a few stray drink cups. He turns to me with a cheerful expression that almost reminds me of a puppy.

"Hey!" he says happily, "You did it!"

"Yeah, I guess I did!" I sigh, smiling back at him. After a few moments of silence, he suddenly grabs me into a hug.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy for you," he says when he pulls back.

"Thanks," I grin then pick up one of the plates, "I got this for you, by the way."

"Oh, thank you!" he takes it, bowing his head politely.

"Min!" Hitomi's urgent voice interrupts me, "I need you!" She grabs my wrist and pulls me up, "Sorry Hyunjin!" She drags me through the crowd and into her room, closing the door behind her and pacing for a moment before sitting down on her bed.

After a few seconds of watching her two orange cats, Kimchi and Miso, patter over to her, she looks up at me, stonefaced, "I like Hana."

"Oh," I sit down next to her wide eyed.

She picks up Miso, the fluffier of the two, and hugs him to her chest desperately, "What do I do? Min you have to help me!"

"Hey, listen," I take a deep breath and try to think of a way to calm her down, "It's ok... Maybe you should just... Tell her?"

"And risk tension in the group?! No way! We just got started!!" she throws her hands up, scaring Miso. The cat jumps onto the ground and hisses at her then walks away as his brother, Kimchi circles Hitomi's legs.

"Ok, well then don't tell her?" I suggest.

"But I really like her!" she exclaims, "And I don't want Seungmin getting to her first..."

"Ok, then tell her."

"But what if she doesn't feel the same way?"

"At least you'll know."

She sits back, "That's true... But what if our manager finds out?!"

"Ok, so don't tell her then."

"But-"

"For God's sake, Hitomi!" I laugh, "Just decide!"

"Maybe I will tell her... Just not yet..."

"Ok," I sigh.

"I need to think," she flops back to lie down.

I look around awkwardly and my eyes land on Kimchi who is now on the other side of the room laying and glaring at me, "Ok, well... I'm gonna go..." I say, getting a chill from the cat staring me down.

Hitomi doesn't respond, so I just leave her to think in her room, heading across the hall to mine so I can check my appearance before returning to the party.

It almost feels empty when I walk in without Noodle immediately jumping on me. My sister came and got him this morning. He's going back to live with her and my parents.

I walk over to the mirror. My hair is a little messed up so I am trying to fix it when the door to my room slowly pushes open.

"Not a party person?" I hear Hyunjin's soft English and quickly turn around.

I chuckle at him returning my comment from earlier, "To be honest, not really." He closes the door behind him, muffling the noise of the SNSD music and the people talking over it.

"I got this for you," he holds out a drink cup.

"Thanks," I take it from him and nervously take a drink then set the cup down on my dresser next to me.

Wait, we're alone!? Ok, calm down, Min-soo. Just be casual. Don't do anything rash...

He looks down, shyly switching to Korean, "I didn't want to say anything out there in front of everyone, but I'm really proud of you."

I feel my face heat up and look away, "For what?"

"I don't know," he smiles, "You reached your weight goal; you debuted and it was amazing! I loved the part where you-"

I can't help it. I just start laughing.

"W-what is it?" Hyunjin stutters, "Did I... Say something wrong?"

"No! No! Not at all!" I reach out and put my hands on his arms in comforting sort of gesture, "You're just really cute when you're excited..."

Damn it! I didn't mean to-

My thoughts are shattered when Hyunjin takes a step towards me and my back softly hits the wall.

What th- Is he...?

He leans down, holding soft eye contact, and kisses me.

So this is what it's like... Kissing Hyunjin... It's so different from any kiss I've ever had before. It's better...

He pulls away after just a few seconds, and I can see his cheeks have brightened to a deep pink.

"Aha..." he looks away from my eyes with a nervous smile, "Sorry. I just... Wanted to kiss you... I hope that is ok." I silently swoon at his English.

I reach up and gently pull him down to kiss me again. He seems to be startled at first but then begins to kiss me back. I trail my hand into the back of his still bright blue hair.

After a minute, he pulls away, sighing softly with a shy smile.

"You're really pretty, you know that?" I smile up at him.

"Thank you, but... I think you are more beautiful," he smiles back.