𝟹𝟽 | 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚙𝟸

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - Crying Lightning - Arctic Monkeys"
0:00 ───⊙─────── 0:00
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'And my thoughts got rude as you talked and chewed'

__

February 21, 1983

Mike opens the passenger door to his car, letting me in. I smile and thank him, then I sit down. Once I sit, Mike walks to the other side and sits in the drivers seat.

I look over at him, seeing him focused on getting out of the driveway without damaging his car, which was originally his fathers, so it worries him more, I assume.

He looks over, smiling, then looking back at the wheel. He puts his foot on the petal and then backs out.

We make it out without hitting anything. "Good job" I joke, smiling as I look out the window.

"I can drive" He replies, embarrassed, causing me to laugh.

"You looked so worried though" I continue to laugh. Mike rolls his eyes and starts to drive to the dance.

The dance was in the cafeteria at our school, so hopefully there was room for all the dancing and shit.

"You excited?" He asks, looking over at me slightly. I am of course, but I am also a little nervous. I've never been to a dance before and it's scary to think about what it'll be like.

"Yeah," I respond "You?" I ask, wondering is he's nervous as well, since it'll be our first dances, I don't know about him though, but I assume.

"Not really," He shrugs, "I've been to plenty of dances before" He catches me off guard. I would think though.

"Am I your first girlfriend?" I ask again, not wanting to sound weird but really wanting to know.

"No" Is all he responds with.

"Really?" I raise a brow, it doesn't surprise me much, he's good looking, I would assume he would of had other girls in his life. And besides, he's the hottest boy in school.

"Mhm," He sighs, turning the car off and unbuckling his seatbelt. He walks around to the other side of the car "We're here" He opens the door, bowing as a joke.

I smile and laugh, taking his hand and jumping out of his car.

We walk hand-in-hand inside school, already hearing the loud music and voices of people having conversations.

The place smells like different perfume scents and pizza. My nose stings a little and my ears ring, but I suck it up.

"Ready?" Mike looks down at me, smiling as he squeezes my hand. I smile back and nod, causing him to open the doors to the cafeteria.

Once we enter, the smell gets stronger and smellier. A bunch of people wearing long, shiny dresses and tuxedos crowd the room. So many people are talking you can barely hear the music playing.

I look around, seeing a bunch of balloons and strings placed along the whole cafeteria. Food and drink tables are along the side of the area. There is a disco ball right above the dance floor which is I front of the stage. 

I wonder what they're doing, maybe prom king and queen? Or just a stage.

"What do you wanna do?" Mike asks, nudging my shoulder, signaling that we should get out of the entryway.

"Not sure, are you thirsty? I'm thirsty" I respond, talking fast because of how nervous I am.

"I am sort of, if you need something to drink than lead the way" He chuckles and pats my shoulder. I start to walk towards the drink table.

Once we get there, I take a water while Mike takes water as well. I personally thought he'd take the punch or something.

I stare at him, admiring his features. I feel so lucky to have him, even though we barely even started dating, it feels like we've been together for years. And I love that.

I knew Mike was the one the moment I say him. Staring at him was like staring at the most beautiful man in the world, even if his personality wasn't when I met him.

The song switches, it being really quiet to really loud, making my ears ring even more. Mike notice and wraps his arms around me, placing his chin on my head so I can hide my head under his. I smile at his sweetness.

I never knew that he would be this careful and caring as a boyfriend, knowing from his behavior at school and at home.

I hope nobody hates me in the school after they find out, because almost half the school loves Mike. And I wonder if I'd get jealous. I most likely will, but I hope not to much.

I move my head out from under his and look at him "Let's go" I smile, taking his hand. I bring him to the middle where at the people are having conversations and dancing.

"Do you know how to dance?" Mike chuckles, earning a playful punch from me.

"Yeah," I reply, I never really dance, but I know how.

Pretty soon, a slow song starts to play, and every couple breaks out into slow dance. Mike catches me off guard by placing his hands on my waist gently, I quickly place my hands around his neck, but not chocking him.

We look into each others eyes, swaying around softly while smiling. Mike leans in, closing the gap between us. His soft lips reach mine, and our lips move in sync.

. . .
My chapters are getting boring and short 😭 normally I wait to post until I get over 300 or 400 views but eh.

Pls go read my recent chat thing on my profile 😭

Hope you enjoyed