𝟹𝟹 | 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - Love song - Lana Del Rey "
0:00 ───⊙─────── 0:00
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'I believe that you see me for who I am'

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

February 14, 1983
Y/n's POV

February 14, Valentine's Day, hurray.

I've never been to found of Valentine's Day, that's because I've never had a date, so I'm normally just at home eating ice cream while watching movies.

This year, if Zane wasn't a bitch we'd probably be going together to the Valentines dance, but I'm glad I'm not going with him.

Maybe Mike, well we did sort of just had a fight, even thought we seem fine now. We've hung out multiple times since then, I just feel like it would be awkward, plus I doubt he likes me.

I sigh, closing my book and getting up from my desk. I open the door to my room, walking to the kitchen and then grabbing a snack.

I wish I had somebody who actually cared for me...

Michael POV

Valentine's Day is today, and the dance is in a week. I have to ask y/n out. I need to. It's been to long of hiding my love for her and now is the perfect time to ask her.

Currently, I'm with Fredrick and Simon. Mark is out at the movies right now with his family so we all just hung out without him.

"Simon?" I say, tapping his shoulder and getting his attention. He hums and looks over, raising a brow. "I want to ask out your sister"

He looks at me in shock, I knew Simon would have the answers of something y/n likes. So that's why I figured I can ask him. "Well, I know she loves (favorite hobby), she likes (favorite show/movie) her favorite food is (favorite food)" He tells me.

"Eh, I want to do something more unique" I say, earning a chuckle from Fredrick and Simon.

"You could just make her jealous, or change your whole appearance for her," Fredrick suggests, although his ideas are shit. No offense "or maybe just ask her"

"No, shit ideas, Fred" I respond, causing Fredrick to roll his eyes.

"She does like love letters. When our parents were younger, my dad asked my mom out using love letters and I know y/n really likes that" Simon cuts in.

I bite my lip "Okay, what should I say?" I question, standing up to go get paper.I walk to the cabinet next to the table. I open the drawer and take a piece of paper.

I get a pen and then sit back down on my bed. "What's one thing you really like about her?" Fredrick asks, leaning in so he can see better.

"Appearance or Personality?"

"Start with something she does that you like" Simon says, also leaning in to get a better look.

"Dude I don't know, I like how she makes jokes, but that's stupid" I play with the pencil.

"I agree" Fredrick chuckles, playfully punching my shoulder, to which I punch his back. We both laugh.

"Guys, stop" Simons gives us a bad look, most likely joking but we play along.

"Nah" Fredrick punches Simons shoulder.

"Guys focus," I cut in. Normally I would joke along to, but I need to do this, I want to. I want her to know how badly I like her. And how badly I want to be with her.

"Okayy, what do you like that she does?" Simon says, finally taking things seriously.

"Uhh, I'm just going to say that her laugh is beautiful" I laugh nervously, playing with my pencil.

"If you want, it's up to you." Fredrick says. Me and Simon nod our heads. I begin to think about what to write, but I'm sure I'll get ideas when they leave.

~

They left now, and I've decided I should actually start writing the letter rather than goofing off.

I get a heart shaped piece of paper and a pencil and walk to my room. Once I make it up the stairs, I run into Evan.

"Hey Mickey!" He says, jumping up and down while holding his plushie. I roll my eyes at his excitement, I don't even know why he's so happy, normally he's crying in his room to stay away from me.

"What?" I groan, staring down at him, squinting my eyes. I grip the pencil in my hand. I don't know why I'm so aggressive, for no reason also. It just happens.

"Daddy's taking me and Lizzy to the pizzeria today!" He says, jumping up and down again.

"Cool" I respond, then walk away and slam my bedroom door. I let out a sigh and plop down on my desk chair.

I take the paper heart and begin writing.

Y/n POV

"Y/n! Something is at the door for you!" My dad calls out, earning my attention from my school book.

I close the book and run to the door, putting my hair up in a ponytail.

I open the door, seeing a paper heart on the placemat. I pick it up, examining the card and the handwriting.

I slam the door shut and walk to my room, shutting the door behind me.

I sit down at my desk, opening up the hear flaps to see what was written on the card.

I didn't recognize the handwriting, I should, but then again I don't know who wrote it.

The note reads Your eyes shine like stars. Your eyes are always full of happiness, never sadness.

It didn't say a name, but the note was nice. I've always thought that love letters we're supposed to rhyme, but that's okay.

I've always wanted a love letter, just like my parents, that's how they met.

. . .
SORRY THIS TOOK YEARS.

Who is watching the Grammys?

Hope you enjoyed