𝟸𝟺 | 𝚃𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚊

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - This Charming Man - The Smiths "
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'Will nature make a man of me yet?'

•—•—•—•—•—•—•

January 28, 1983

You may know, I don't like Luna taking Mike away from me, because that's what she's doing. Whenever I ask to hangout with Mike, it's always, Oh I'm with Luna today, sorry!

I'm sick of it, I was the one who introduced Mike to Luna. Without me, they wouldn't be friends.

It's frustrated me, knowing I was the one who caused their friendship. But I still think Mike should at least acknowledge that I'm still alive.

I've given up at this point, there is nothing I can do, really. I've just hung out with Mark and everyone, though, Simon and Mark barely sit with us, as they're always on they're own.

Probably fucking.

"What do I do" I groan, slamming my head on the table. Fredrick is the only one left, kind of. So he's been my go-to person.

Zara hasn't been coming to school, she's probably sulking in a corner that her reputation is ruined, or maybe comforting Zane.

Mackenzie, and Jackie are still here, and I should probably make more of an effort to talk to them.

Later, I guess. I look back up at Fredrick as he gulps down some food "Talk to him, I guess" He suggests.

"That's way I've been trying to do!" I say, slapping my hands in my thighs.

"Yeah, like, once" Fredrick mumbles, wiping his mouth with the back of his wrist.

"So, what's the point anyways" I shrug, crossing my arms and looking at my lap.

"It's obvious your jealous, just go talk to him!" Fredrick slams his fork on the table, raising his voice a little.

"Damn, okay" I say, sitting up and taking my bag with me. Fredrick rolls his eyes and continues to eat his food.

I storm off and walk to my locker. I pray that Mike is there, and he is. "Hey Mike" I say, awkwardly waving to him.

"Hey, y/n!" He waves back, I smile and look at the ground. He just stands there, I know this is awkward, it shouldn't be, but it is.

"How's it going?" I ask, finally shifting my gaze to him, only to see he's been staring at me this whole time.

Honestly, in my opinion, I think he likes me, but I could be wrong. It's good for me though, you know, since I like him.

Oh shit here I go.

"It's good! How about you?" He smiles and looks to the side, then back at me. Mikes acting really weird, not the typical I hate everyone kind of Mike I know.

"Fine, I guess" I shrug, he frowns. He takes my hand and leads me to an empty bench outside of the school building.

"Can I ask you something?" He speaks up, letting go of my hand. He plays with his hair for a little, before looking back at me.

"Sure" I smile, looking up at his tall figure. He sighs and looks at his shoes.

"Promise me this won't make our friendship weird?" He says. I've seen the movies, and this is kind of making my heart race.

Is he going to ask me out?

"Go ahead" I speak, trying to act as calm as normal.

"Me and Luna started dating" He informs me, looking away and smiling the slightest bit.

This news makes my heart shatter, so this is why he's been acting all different? Because of stupid Luna.

"Oh" Is all I respond with, I look away, tugging at the end of my sleeves. Honestly, what was I supposed to say?

"What do you mean by Oh?" He says, looking at me. He furrows his eyebrows, and crosses his arms.

"What was I supposed to say?" I mumble, letting go of my sleeve and looking to the ground.

"I don't know, maybe a congratulations?" He says, raising his voice a little. This guy should learn how to talk to a girl.

"Congratulations, I guess?" I look at him, standing up as I do so. I roll my eyes and walk off.

"Your being a bitch" He yells out. He's calling me a bitch? What's going on in his mind?

"No, your the bitch here" I say, not wanting to talk more, I run back inside the school building.

~

The next day is a blur, up until lunch that is. I apologized to Fredrick for being rude yesterday, and he accepted it.

Simon and Mark are with us, acting all lovely dovey. It makes me grossed out, but it also makes me feel lonely.

I look back over my shoulder and se Luna and Mike together, joking around and kissing each other.

"I told you, man, she's definitely jealous" Mark jokes, biting a tater tot the school is serving today.

"Shut up, Mark, of course she's jealous" Simon joins in. Frederick chuckles as he chucks a tater tot at my head.

"What the fuck?" I say, throwing one back at him. This obviously escalated into a food fight. But it died down when I make eye contact with Mike.

"Yo, what's wrong" Fredrick point out, stopping what he's doing.

"That should be me" I mutter, but I guess loud enough for the table to hear.

"What?" Mark says, taking a sip of water and then putting it back into his bag. Simons steals one of his tater tots.

"I should be the one who is with Mike" I stare at the two people, crossing my arms.

"I knew you liked him, I was right!" Fredrick yells, but only for us to hear. Simon groans at what Fredrick says.

"Fine, you win" He hands him a 10 dollar bill, to which Fredrick happily snatches from his hand.

But yet again, I'm not planning on another revenge plot, so I'll just let this whole Mike situation go.

It'll probably just end up being worse, but who cares.

. . .
Hope you enjoyed