𝟹𝟺 | 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜

"ᴘʟᴀʏꞮɴɢ: - Yes to Heaven - Lana Del Rey "
0:00 ───⊙─────── 0:00
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

'I've got my eye on you'

__

February 20, 1983

The letters have been going on for awhile now, and I still can't figure out who it is. The handwriting is so messy, like Mikes, but I know he wouldn't write that. He hates writing.

I really need to figure out who is writing these, I need to.

I put the new letter I got in my locker inside a box of all the other ones and then slam the locker door shut.

I walk to my next class, waving at Zara as I see her pass by.

Yeah, me and Zara are friends again. We're all getting a fresh start at our friendship, but I know I'm not getting another. Same with Mike.

It's funny, our school has a Valentine's month, instead of Valentine's Day. My school is festive, and goes all out for spirit days. But the con is that we don't get many breaks.

I enter the classroom, taking my math notebook out and grabbing my pencil. The seat next to me is empty, that is where Mike would normally sit.

He is at school today, weird..

I shake it off and copy what the teacher is doing on the chalkboard when suddenly the door busts open, interrupting the lesson, and grabbing everyone's attention.

There stands a exhausted Mike, beads of sweat falling from his forehead. He's holding papers with his backpack half open, his hair sticks to his forehead. He looks hot.

He notices me, a smile forms on his face, then he waves. I wave and smile back.

He starts walking over, but the teacher stops him. "Now, why're you late, Afton?" The teacher says, calmly, but I know he's annoyed.

"Sorry, my dad left for work without a notice and I had to get my siblings to school" He says.

I look around the classroom, all the girls are practically drooling over him. I don't blame them, but please, your embarrassing yourselves.

"Okay, get to your seat and copy what I'm writing," The teacher informs him, "your partner will help you, correct?" The teacher then shifts his gaze to me, raising a brow.

"Mhm!" I nod, and point a thumbs up. I motion for Mike to come over, and so he does.

He sets his stuff on the floor and takes his notebook out. "Hey, how is your day so far?" He asks, copying the teacher.

"Good, but also weird, I've been getting these love letters," I start. I look over at Mike, he looks kind of awkward. Maybe it is him..

I doubt it. "Weird.." He responds.

"Yeah, I really like them though. They're saying really nice stuff about me," I blush, "I wonder who it is"

Mike nods, "me too"

Is he jealous? Why is he acting weird. I squint my eyes at him, pursing my lips together. "What about you?"