Chapter 27

(Logan's POV)

As we walked down the corridors of the hotel, Louise took my hand. I looked down at her. She smiled, and I smiled back.

(Linda's POV)

My back hurt like nothing I had experienced before. I got back at Jimmy Pesto though. I was so tired, I thought I would just pass out in the middle of the hall. 

We finally got back to the room, and I pounced onto the bed. I instantly fell asleep.

(Louise's POV)

I got back into bed with Logan. Logan said, " Goodnight, Louise." I replied, " Night, jerk face." Logan said, " You aren't even gonna say sorry to me for saving your life?" I huffed, " Nope," while winking. Logan smiled.

(Time skip to next morning)

I woke up intertwined around Logan. Dad was awake. He said, " Morning, Louise." I said, " Morning." Logan looked at me. Dad said, " You guys can go to the amusement park across the street. Here's 10 bucks." I replied, getting up, " Okay, Dad!" Logan and I got up, got dressed, and went to the amusement park. 

I asked Logan, " What do you want to do?" Logan replied, " You'll see." He led me to the Ferris wheel. I asked, " Why the Ferris wheel?" Logan said, " You'll see." We got into a car of the Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel took off and we reached the top. 

I asked, " Okay, Logan, why did you pick the Ferris wheel?" Logan said, " So I could do this." He pulled me in for a kiss. I said, " You've been practicing." Logan said, " Just wait for this one." He pulled me in for another.

I laughed while kissing him, " Logan..." He said, " Yeah?" I bit my lip. I replied, " Err... I don't know." Logan said, " Well, it's not the journey that matters. It's the way there that does. Or something like that." I laughed, " Logan, you silly goose." I slapped and kissed him.

A romantic song played in my head. It was soft and slow, but chill. Logan said, " You know, I've been meaning to tell you something... it's been on my mind since Valentine's Day." I said, " What is it?" 

Logan replied, " I'm sorry I made you cry at Lobsterfest when you dumped a melon over my head. I didn't mean to, and it hurt me to see my tough girl scared. That's why I didn't do the Reverse Norwegian Stinkhold to you. I couldn't bear to. And it wasn't you that upset me. I had a lot on my mind, and the melon thing triggered me."

I replied, " That's all in the past now, Logie." I pictured my future with Logan. When I graduated high school, Logan would propose to me, and we'd have our wedding at Dad's restaurant. The Ferris wheel stopped. Logan and I got off, holding hands.