20. Martin Bashir

Michael P.O.V.

Toshiki came by a little less to my place whenever he and Y/N were working on something. He was hesitant to come over, and Y/N assured me he was just a little nervous and uncomfortable around other people entering their homes. Yet, the more he stopped by, it was like I had another bodyguard, but twice as better since he was organized. 

I watched Toshiki's body movements, and I was surprised that he was neat, organized, clever, skillful, and quiet and did anything instantly. He was a doctor, reporter, and fashionista long ago before settling into this job opportunity as a spy. 

Today was unlike any typical day when I sat at the ranch drinking tea prepared by Toshiki. It was a special homemade recipe he learned as a child that tasted amazing! While sitting at the table, I was more concerned about Y/N's actions that happened less than a week ago. Even preparing an interview with Martin Bashir--he's also a journalist to come by and answer questions about my lifestyle. 

"I don't know why Y/N didn't like her package. Don't get me wrong; it may have been something she didn't like or didn't want to come across again." I said, looking up at Toshiki, who was filing down document paper. 

"Mhm. Seems to me that she's not satisfied with the package." He commented. 

"Do you know anything else that might be wrong with her?" I asked, hoping that he might know something. 

"...No. I don't know anything unless she tells me." He replied as he placed a sheet of paper to the side. His eyes met mine, and he said, "Or she doesn't want to tell you or me about it." 

Leaning forward, I rested my hand under my chin, sighing slightly. 

"Nevermind. She'll  tell me eventually, but I have other things to worry about." I said, rubbing my face as Toshiki didn't bother to look up at me again. 

"Your interview with a journalist? Bashit, is it?" He inquired. 

I cock my eyebrow at Toshiki, asking, "Pardon?" He looked at me with a hardened stare. 

"You heard me loud and clear. That journalist is not to be trusted, and I have seen his past interviews, Michael." Stated the young masculine male that placed his small paper stack in order. "Believe me, what he did to Diana caused a major disruption to her and the royal family." 

I understood what he was talking about, but bringing Diana into the conversation wasn't acceptable. I remember her years ago before that tragic accident happened; no one saw it coming. Not even me. Hearing the news broke my heart; she left her two sons in care without a mother. 

"I'm still going to do it because I want people to know what I am and who I am capable of," I replied, looking over at Toshiki as he silently sighed. 

"You're making a mistake." He murmured. 

~

Two hours later, I heard someone entering the house, and it was Y/N. She was carrying boxes of pizza to place on the counter. 

"I thought I grabbed us something to eat." She said with a grin on her face. 

"Thank you. Hey, Y/N? I want to ask you something." I saw her take a slice of the pizza as she turned while nibbling on the hot steamy cheese pizza. 

"Yws?" She muttered. 

"I want to know if you wouldn't mind being in my interview that is coming up in about a week," I said, seeing her expression pale. 

"You want me to be in your interview?" She looked at me, quite surprised that I allowed her to join me to interview Martin Bashir.

"I don't mind you joining my interview. If you're okay with it." I said as I held her waist, pulling her close to me. 

"I don't like that guy. He's BS, Mikey." She replied.

"But Y/N, this will allow us to announce our relationship publicly. We no longer have to hide it, and they'll know I found my Wendy." I replied, slowly removing my hands from her waist to grasp her hands in mine. 

"I don't know..."

"Baby, it'll be fine. We've got nothing to worry about." I reassured her by pecking her forehead. 

"I-I guess. Maybe it won't hurt to give it a go." She faintly smiled. 

I was happy that she accepted to join the interview, and I wanted to tell the public we were dating. That's when another thing crossed my mind when I thought about her package.

"Oh, by the way, baby, what was in the package?" I asked. 

"Nothing you need to know about." She replied. 

"Well, if there was something that was sent by someone that is threatening you. I will do anything to--" 

"Thanks, Michael, but I got it covered. I'll be ready for the interview when it starts." She said, removing my hands from her gently and turning her heel to leave out of the room. 

I'd like you to continue this.

🎉 You've finished reading ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ ɪꜱ ᴀ ꜱᴘʏ| Michael Jackson x Reader ⚠️+18⚠️ 🎉