17. Caught In A Lie

Y/N P.O.V. 

"Y/N wait-" Michael shouted.

I left the house and didn't bother to look back at Michael. It was still raining outside, and I didn't care to get soaked or catch a cold, possibly after a fight. As I made it to the city, I needed to find a place to rest because my legs were aching, and I didn't feel like sitting. Luckily, with the amount of change I had, I could get a ride at a bus stop nearby. 

I was outside in the cold, wet rain pouring hard on me. After returning to the city with a broken car, I could barely see the street lights. I scanned around and didn't even notice that I was at the playground where I used to play when I was a little girl. 

I saw a memory of my younger self wandering around, and children were playing. They laughed, smiled, and played with their friends. 

"Found you!" One boy shouted.

"No fair!" A girl whined. 

"I think I found everyone here so far. Where's Y/N?" The one who was the tagger asked.

"I don't know. Let's go look for her!" Another kid spoke up. 

They scattered around to look for me, and I hid in a good spot. No one didn't find me, but as I emerged from my hiding place, I looked around to see that the playground was empty.

"I'm ready!" I looked around to see that there was no one around. Maybe they needed to find out where I was since I hid in a good spot. 

"I said, I'm ready!" I shouted again. 

Silence. 

"Come get me!" I shouted. 

Silence. 

I started to panic and whimper because no one was around to know where I was. 

"I'm right here..." I whispered. Looking around once more, I 

"M-Mooommmy! D-d-daddy!" I cried. 

I didn't realize it as I sat on the ground, crying. They were red and puffy as I covered my face and collapsed on my knees. 

I made a massive mess of things I could have explained more clearly to Michael or anyone else. No one understood my pain, even when I tried to hide it cause I wanted to be happy. I didn't like to be upset or anything--to brush it off and not let it overweigh me. I was always alone and didn't have anyone to trust.

I felt alone, invisible through the crowd trying to make friends only to be pushed away. 

After a while, I thought I had found where I needed to be, but instead, I backstabbed everyone, including my friends. 

There are a lot of things that I had to fix. First, I did lie to Michael for a few years, but I never did anything to hurt him. I didn't know what to do if he found out if I was a spy. I wasn't after the money; I only blended in to do my job. Second, I had to apologize to Toshiki and Mila. Third, I need to find myself and maybe work on getting back together. 

I stood up on my two feet again and continued walking as I went to a bus stop. I checked the time and was lucky that the bus had come and I was heading to Toshiki's place. 

I sat on the bus watching the rain droplets land on the glass window and slowly roll down. My eyes scanned the buildings that passed by until I reached my stop and got off. I continued walking and headed to Toshiki's place. I .entered the tall building in which he lives in a penthouse.