15. 𝖡𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗄𝖾𝗍

A year later, Michael brought home a son as the new Jackson family member. He loved having three children, and being a single parent was a lot of work without a mother. Not everyone is a "mother," but" you treated the kids like they were your children whenever you were around. Blanket was clinging onto you the most since he loved how your (curls/straight hair) would tickle his cheeks to get him giggling. 

He liked you holding him instead of Michael whenever he was fussy. However, you sit him in his bassinet humming a little tune from one of the Disney Classic songs, and he'll stop, or you check up on him to see if he has a stinky diaper or is hungry. Michael couldn't handle three children alone, but he was glad you were there to help him. 

"Blanket, it's alright. Abu! Abu!" Michael whispered, soothing the young child in his arm to feed him the milk bottle. 

Soon Blanket calmed down a little after he was comfortable to drink the milk bottle. He had to look after the young one while Y/N was making lunch for everyone. Paris offered to help, and Prince watched his dad take care of the baby. 

"Lunch is ready!" You chimed. 

You held a tray full of healthy snacks for the kids, even a plate for Michael and yourself to sit down at the table. 

"Wow! This looks amazing." Michael complimented. 

"I help Y/N, daddy!" Paris chimed. 

"I can see that. You both did a great job on the food." Said, Michael. 

Everyone began to take a bite of food from their plates, and when they were done. You did the dishes and went over to your laptop to do some critical work to catch up on. Since you were still doing your job as a spy to find out who "Mr. Prince" could be located. He seemed to be patient and was waiting for you to make a move. 

"Baby," You perked your head to see Michael standing behind you. "I didn't mean to disturb you or anything. Would you like to come go with me to the studio?" He asked as you looked back at your screen to pull up your daily planner. 

"I can't go with you to the studio, Michael. Not today." You replied. 

"What about my niece's birthday?" He asked. 

"I can't go." 

"Uh...Janet is coming over and--"

You whip your head around, looking back at him, responding, "Michael, can't you see I am busy? I can't do that stuff right now! I have to work on something important, and when it's done, I will be free whenever you like." You huffed. 

Michael remained standing in silence, looking away from you. He didn't mean to upset you. 

"But you rarely spend time away from working so much. What could you possibly be busy with on your laptop?" He asked as you let out an audible sigh. 

"It's essential, and if I can get it done in time, I won't be stuck on this." You let out a low groan as you leaned back against the chair. "I need peace." You murmured. 

"Take a break." 

"I can't." 

"Y/N, you're overworking yourself too much. Just take a breather and--" You didn't even let him finish his sentence as you shut your laptop down, causing Michael to flinch.

You didn't want to burst out and let it sink inside you as you inhaled.

"I'm going to take a break. I'll be back." You stood up from your seat and left the room, leaving Michael a little concerned. 

~
Michael P.O.V.

I didn't mean to upset Y/N after disturbing her workstation. Y/N's paranoid about her work, and it has not been completed all year. She's been going nuts about it, and I don't know what it could be.