16. Night Patrol

Y/N P.O.V.

A couple of days since I have been taking my time away from the screen--my body felt more relieved after developing anxiety from overworking so much. I was getting dressed, and Toshiki said we had to take care of some business by tonight and sent me the location to meet. 

"Heading out again?" I stopped from turning to see Michael leaning against the wall. His arms were folded across his chest, looking at me with a concerned expression. 

"Uh, yeah. Just going out to hang with my friends." I lied. 

"Again? Y/N, this has been going on for two weeks, and you haven't been getting any sleep." Michael said, looking very unhappy to see how I looked like a zombie. 

"I'm fine and have been working my butt off these two past weeks," I replied. 

"M'yeah." He walked over to me and placed a hand on my forehead. His eyes stared into mine, but I could see they weren't the usual soft ones. 

"Michael, is there something wrong?" I asked.

I noticed that whenever I was around Michael, he didn't give affection like he used to do. He started being distant, pretending to be going through some stuff after working in the studio. Of course, I knew that working in that studio could be a pain in the ass sometimes. Yet, I started to miss Michael giving me comfort or a heads up on things. 

"I'll be back tonight and early. I won't be late. I promise!" I reassured. 

Michael didn't seem to care and gave me this firm nod. I left out of the house to go meet up with Toshiki at the place where we'll find Mr. Prince. 

~

The mission for succeeding in catching Mr. Prince could have gone better. Partially, the factory business that Mr. Prince owned was a turned-down place, but it stored a lot of drugs and cash inside it. I assume it to be a secret hideout because no one knew about this place until now. As for Mr. Prince, he played a dirty trick on us and got away. Toshiki and I were walking side by side, covered in filth cause the factory Mr. Prince owned had mold, moist, and dirty stuff that I smelt like coming from a sewer. 

Third Person P.O.V.

You look at Toshiki as he frowns deeply toward you, "What?" You watched him walk a few steps forward in front of you. 

"We miss our chance to capture the guy if you weren't so distracted on the phone. We could've finished it and worried no more about this." Toshiki responded to you with a cold stare.

"I couldn't ignore the phone call when--" 

"Pft. Why? So, you can talk with your boyfriend, who's been too much on your mind lately. Real assuring." He scoffed, folding his arms over his chest, eyes narrowed into yours. 

You frowned. 

"What's your problem? Michael is only checking up on me since I go out late at night." You protested. 

He shook his head, letting out a dry chuckle, "Obviously, you don't seem to understand that he's more concerned about your absence at his residence. Why are you more concerned about the damn phone than the mission?" He vented. 

"I am focusing on the mission the whole night we've been out here!" You remarked. 

"Yet, you haven't done any of the work to turn into the office. The boss isn't very pleased with your procrastination lately, which is beginning to be noticeable." He said. Toshiki pointed at you as he continued, "You have me doing all the work and covering you without any thanks or apology. I've been working my ass off and don't receive that!" He embarked.