Forty One.

Hey friends. Hope I didn't take too long this time. The chapter feels like it's moving fast to me. It works but it feels rushed, I don't know.

Mr.Tatum has a birthday today so it's only right I give y'all one. My man, my man- ah I'm just kidding. With his losing self. How you fumble a 28 point lead???

Hope y'all enjoy it though and excuse any mistakes.

Naomi's POV

I waited on the other side of the door after I knocked. It's been a whole month since the "best friend" situation went down. I've left it alone and things are starting to go back to normal I guess.

Camari is officially home and it's been great. Another stressor off our plate. The finals are upon us and I have a strong feeling we're going to win it. No doubt in my mind.

I've had a few strong feelings lately.

"Hey Naomi. What are you doing here?" Destiny looked around us then at me weirdly.

Popping up like you do. "Just came to talk. Hope this isn't a bad time."

"Uh not really. Come in." She stepped aside and let me in. "Let's go outside. My grandma is in here resting."

"That's fine." I followed behind her.

I've been having this persistent, nagging feeling. Being around Jayson would mess with my nerves. I shouldn't feel like that. I've been praying about it. Praying for clarity and I got a push to talk to this girl so that's what I'm doing now.

Jay doesn't know I'm here and neither does anyone else. Cut it to me straight and because we don't like each other, I'm sure she'll have no problem telling me the truth.

"So wassup?" She asked when we sat down.

Damn you ain't gone offer me nothing to drink? It's hot as hell in Missouri. I understand though. We're not friendly.

"Well you haven't been around-"

"Because of you. Yeah."

I clasped my fingers together and looked down with a smile. Be calm Nae. We good. "You're right." I nodded. "Definitely because of me but I've already told you why."

"Which was stupid. You're worried about me fuckin on your man when we haven't done anything sexual in years."

"2 right?" She looked at me confused. "Y'all haven't done anything in two years, correct?"

"Exactly."

I let out a bitter chuckle. "Got it. You got a timeframe as to when that could have been?"

"Yeah. When he came down to give me that money."

Mmm it's giving prostitution. "Excellent. I appreciate that information." I stood up.

"That's it? You have nothing else to say?"

"What else is there for me to say? You gave me information I was asking for."

"You came all this way for a question we could've discussed over the phone."

"I don't have your number and don't want it. I also didn't want anyone in my business. It was a conversation between you and I. I feel like you got an attitude with the wrong person."

"I don't have an attitude. I just think you're weird."

"And I think you're a stalker so we're good." I shrugged.

"How? I'm never anywhere he doesn't want me. He and I are close and you hate that."

"Ok. Thanks for the talk." I left her backyard.