Three.

Naomi "Shortie" POV

I walked off of the elevator with the gift bag in my hand heading to the roof. Tonight the gang is getting together for Melo's surprise birthday dinner.

Of course I didn't want to come but I'd be a terrible friend if I didn't. For him, I'd show up. When I got to the area, I saw some of the guys from the team.

"You good?" My best friend, Jasmine, leaned over and asked.

I figured I could use a plus one tonight. The guys were bringing their girls and I wasn't sure if I'd mesh well with them. Had to be safe.

"Yeah." I nodded. To reassure myself more than her. I don't know what's up with me. I feel weird.

"You sure?" She looked at me intensely and I forced a little smile to convince her. It didn't work but she left it alone.

We looked around for a gift table only to realize my middle class ass was the only one that physically brought one here. I guess rich people mail their gifts?

"I feel silly. I'm going to put this in the car. I'll give it to him later." My anxiety was convincing me that they would laugh at me if I were to give him his present. Especially it being something that only he and I understand.

Jas and I headed out when we ran into the birthday boy himself and his girlfriend. Well I just fucked up the surprise.

"Ayye shortie. Whatchu doing here?" He smiled widely. "Wassup Jas?" He gave us side hugs.

How in the world do I respond? I mean without ruining the surprise?

"They were obviously leaving." Ana said and tried to move him along.

"But they in my building. Who else y'all know round here? I know y'all ain't here for MJ. Unless you are then..." he shrugged.

"I uh-"

"And you got a gift bag. What?" He turned towards Ana. "You threw me a little party up here?" He walked further and saw everybody. "Aye what it do?" He made his presence known to everybody.

Ana glanced at me with an annoyed face and walked over to him. Hey man. I didn't do it on purpose. Just didn't want to look foolish. Even though I probably look it now more than ever.

"Where you going?" I asked Jas because she was walking back to the party.

"To have a chat with little miss Hannah Montana cause that look was disrespectful." She started adjusting the rings on her fingers as she walked.

"Woah." I grabbed her arm. "No ma'am. Not tonight. Any other time I would've done it myself but not tonight. Let him enjoy his night."

"If you say so. I'll let your little boo enjoy the night but I'm hoping she do it again so I can say something. Let's drop this little gift in the car and come back." She walked with pep in her step so we could get back quickly.

"He's not my boo." I groaned and followed behind her.

Jasmine is with the shits. All of it. If I'm on go, she's there and vice versa. We don't like seeing each other get disrespected. We're protective.

Ana has been giving me little side eyes the last couple times I've seen her. All being at the games. I'd feel eyes on me when Melo comes out of the game.

I know it's her but girl. At a game? I don't talk to any of the players while they're playing. I'm only there for medical assistance.

I might, and that's a strong might, talk to him if I, or the other staff, see him fidgeting with his wrist during the game but that is it.