Twenty Four.

Sigh...we didn't win the finals but I'm still proud of them for even making it and taking it to 6. Lots of work needed in the off season.

My bad the update wasn't as quick as I wanted. It wasn't my intention at all. My little cousins were at my house last week and chile they the sickest children I know.

No shade, they just always sick and I think they got me. They were all up in my room and whew, I'm down. Can't even lie but I'm pushing. Thankfully it ain't da covid.

Anywayyy I hope y'all are doing good. This chapter is eh. I hope you enjoy it!

Naomi's POV

"Ouuu you made lunch?" I asked Toriah as we walked towards her kitchen.

"Girl no. I ordered this." She pulled out the trays. "So Jay told me y'all thinking about moving in together."

"He wants me to."

"You don't want to?" She glanced up at me.

I shrugged. "I'm over there all the time but actually living there would be an adjustment. It's Deuce's house too. I don't want to mess up their routine you know?"

"Well you don't have to worry about that. Deuce loves you. Why? I don't know. You aight." She looked at me with a fake stank face then laughed. "So what's the real reason you indecisive?"

"Honestly?" I asked as she gave me a plate.

"Honestly." She nodded.

"You. And not in a bad way but I want to make sure you're okay with me living there while your son is too. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't have a conversation with you first."

She nodded and sat down beside me after getting everything she needed to eat. "Well first I'd like to say thank you. It's nice that you thought about my feelings in this."

"Of course."

"On the other hand, Jayson is your man. It would be silly of me not to know that one day you'd move in. I've been able to witness you with my son and I've heard him talk about you nonstop when he's with me. You and I are good because he adores you and you have an amazing spirit. I have a good judge of character and you're alright in my book."

"Aww Riah." I hugged her. "That makes me feel better. I was really worried. Deuce was chatting with me about moving in and he sounded excited about it but I still wasn't sure."

"You wanted my blessing or something?"

"I don't know if blessing is the word but I have enough respect for you to bring this new transition up to you."

"I appreciate that. Now what's up with this new glow?" She used her fork to make a circular motion toward my face.

"What glow?" I looked at her confused.

"Nae."

"I really don't know what you're talking about." I chuckled. "What's with your glow?"

"My man."

"I know that's right. How long y'all been together?"

"A year, almost two."

"He's from here?"

"Nah he from the Lou."

"You two grew up together?"

"Yeah. Went to school and all that."

My curiosity got the best of me with this next inquiry. "So I have a question. Now you can choose not to answer it."

"What? It's a question about me and Jay?" I nodded. "That ship has sailed. You have nothing to worry about."