Twenty Seven.

Lmaooo that boy PJ done got, got again. He's not a victim though. He does not want to be saved, chile. Fix it Jesus.

Anywho we are back. This chapter is decent. Hope you lovelies like it!

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes.

Naomi's POV

I threw the pregnancy test I took away before leaving the bathroom. I have to get to the stadium today for the yearly meeting with the new draft picks.

Jayson left earlier to train for his golf tournament. Once I got in the car, I called him.

"Hello?" I heard him chuckle.

"You got a second?" I asked.

"Yeah. Wassup?"

"I took a pregnancy test."

"Really?" I heard shifting. "Give me a minute." He said to somebody on his end. A few seconds later he spoke. "What did it say?"

"I'm not pregnant."

"Oh." He said then it went silent. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "I don't know. I know we're not trying but what if something is wrong with me. What if I can't-"

"You can't think like that Naomi."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." My eyes watered. "It's just- we haven't used protection and every time I take a test, it's negative. I just didn't think it would be this hard. People say it's so easy but I'm proving them wrong." I wiped my cheek. "I'm worried that when we are ready that it won't happen."

"Don't worry about that. We're not ready. Plus it might not even be you. My sperm could be low."

I held a straight face. "You have a child."

"I'm also older now."

"Jayson you're 26."

He kissed his teeth. "Nigga I'm trying to make you feel better and you killing the mood with your negative energy."

I cracked a light smile. "I'm sorry. Thank you."

"You're welcome. For real don't worry about that shit right now. Sometime later me and you can go talk to a doctor if you want. Get some test done to make sure we're both good. Right now we're just practicing and chillin."

"You always know what to say to make me feel better."

"I try my best. Look I have to get back but tonight let's do date night."

"Okay. I'd like that."

"Cool. I love you boo."

"I love you more." We hung up and I let out a sigh.

I always feel better after talking to him when I'm in distress. He has the right words to say to calm me down every single time.

When I got to the stadium I met up with my team then we talked to the new guys. After that, one of the assistant coaches pulled me to the side.

"Do you have any plans this summer?"

"Not really. Why? Wassup?"

"You wanna help me in the summer league?"

"I'm not coaching." I chuckled.

"No, not coaching. I have that covered. I was thinking you could help us with the training. I know usually someone else does it but I figured I could ask."

"Actually y'all have never asked me so that's why I never do it. Of course I'd do it. Gives me time to work with these guys early."

"Perfect. I'll send over the information. The schedule and stuff then we'll go from there. Thanks Naomi."