Twenty Six.

Omg I feel so bad and it's not even funny. I really did not mean to take this long. I'm sorry. Please, please, pleaseeee forgive me.

On another note....Y'all guess what. I'm going to see Jayson and Melo this year! I'm so excited. It's a preseason game so they probably won't play fr but I just wanna lay my eyes on em. Even if Miss Ella and Miss Ana got them. It's cool. I'll respect it..

Anywhooo hopefully this chapter makes up for the long wait. Enjoy and excuse any mistakes. Again, so sorry!

Jayson's POV

I checked my phone for what felt like the hundredth time today. No phone call from Naomi. Not even a FaceTime call and we do that every single day if we're not together.

She texted me back when I texted her earlier but it was a brief back and forth. She's moving in, in a few days so she's been packing.

But even then we still talk. She has been calling me while she fills boxes but not the last couple days. Just texts that reply to mine.

"That'll be $388.88." The cashier said taking me out of my thoughts. "Cash or card?"

"Card." I said taking it out and putting it in the chip reader. "Thank you." I said when I grabbed my bag after paying.

"You're welcome. Have a good day Jayson."

"You too." I nodded at the girl then left.

I had to grab my anniversary gift for my boo this morning. Our first year is this weekend and I got a nice date planned for us.

Since she's moving in and having to get rid of some things, I figured I'd get some stuff for her to make her feel more at home. Help her settle in better.

When I got in the car I called her again but didn't get an answer. "Hey boo. It's me. I'm just calling to check on you. Haven't heard your voice in two days. You honestly got me worried. Call me back when you get a chance. I love you."

If she doesn't call me back by the time them streetlights come on, I'm poppin up on that ass.

When I got home, it was quiet. Deuce is with his mom for the next few days until after my anniversary weekend. Then we go on our family vacation.

"You think your mom is going to like this?" I asked Charlie as I showed him what I picked out. He sniffed it then barked. "I think so too."

I found some wrapping paper to wrap it. It's Christmas themed but it'll do. The content under the wrapping paper matters more anyway.

"Jayson." I heard from the front door.

"In the kitchen."

My mom came around the corner and kissed my cheek. "I picked up the cake." She opened it so I could see.

"Yeah she'll like that." I nodded in approval. Naomi likes a good basic, store bought, sheet cake. She's a simple woman.

"Why you using Christmas wrapping paper?"

"It's all I had in there and I didn't pick any up while I was out." I said focusing on correct tape placement to make everything lay flat.

I hadn't noticed she left but she came back in the kitchen with regular wrapping paper. "Did you even look?"

I kissed my teeth. "I did but I guess it got overlooked. She's going to like this though." I nodded with a grin.

"So what do you have planned for the two of you?"

"I actually have a couple things planned. Of course a date but I wanted to do something else she's been wanting to do. I really want her to be comfortable in her new home."