7

"Did I ask you to shoot him?"

Everyone in the room remained quiet, their heads dipped down as they avoided looking up and into a shit load of trouble.

Taehyung held his breath as he waited for one of them to respond. None of them did.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, glared over at the group in front of him and then shook his head, pissed off.

"You two are just..." Jungkook trailed off, his hand now rubbing across his chin. "Idiots, the lot of you. Who, just tell me who told you it was okay to open fire in a public place? A place, mind you — that was surrounded by people!"

Taehyung flinched at the same time Namjoon and Seokjin, and both of Jungkook's security guards did.

It seemed none of them wanted to open their mouths, too intimidated by their superior to do so. Taehyung couldn't seem to talk either, but it was because he was so flustered, scared and turned on at the same time by him.

Jungkook's anger was so present it was a force on its on that swallowed his living room. God, Jungkook looked hot when he was angry, Taehyung just wanted to fight him more so he could actually fuck him up.

However Taehyung's thoughts were cut short by the sudden sound of something crashing loudly. It was followed by a sequence of thumping that ended with a splash too close to him for comfort; considering a few drops of water blurred the lens of his camera.

Taehyung ducked down further into the grass and peaked between the branches of the bush and gasped, seeing one of Jungkook's expensive living room chairs now floating about inside his pool.

"The answer is no, I didn't ask any of you for that!" Taehyung heard Jungkook shout in his ear and near the patio at the same time, he was too close to the receiver, talking too loud and it was causing the frequencies to mesh and a goddamn screeching in his ear.

Taehyung lowered the volume with trembling hands and made sure to hide himself even more while Jungkook now moved closer to the edge of the pool.

Through the branches, Taehyung stilled as he watched him.

Jungkook was so angry, his eyes were so dark and his jaw was so tense, Taehyung wanted to reach over to him and touch to feel the taut lines of his skin under his fingertips.

"Idiot, you went and got us in trouble," Said Namjoon, Taehyung was guessing to Seokjin — who'd been the one to actually do the shooting — his voice quiet enough that he knew that Jungkook hadn't heard him and he was whispering. "When we get in trouble we don't get paid, dick."

Seokjin stood silent, and without Taehyung's camera he couldn't see exactly what he responded visually to that.

All Taehyung could hear was Jungkook's steps echo doubly as he paced the side of the pool. His arms were crossed, the pool lights being on gave an eerie, colorful glow onto the tattoos across his skin and Taehyung's mouth watered.

Taehyung wanted him double as much now that he'd had time to be with him up close. Time that had been cut short thanks to Lenny having showed up.

And then time that felt too rushed for even Taehyung to catch up at the sudden gunshots and screaming that happened inside Lure when Seokjin opened fired and shot Lenny twice in his stomach.

If it had happened anywhere else, Taehyung was sure cops would've overlooked it as kid gang stuff gone wrong, but having happened when three celebrities where inside trying to celebrate their own birthdays complicated things.

After that it had been chaos, people everywhere, some running, some hiding, some stumbling outside trying to get home — like Sofia — and others like Jungkook and his boys running through the back exit and then out of sight before the police could show up.

That had created suspicion onto them, plus there was an eye witness who claimed Seokjin had gotten violent first.

A lie.

Considering that Jungkook had been the first to open his mouth to threaten, thus giving the cops enough for a search warrant in hopes of finding the weapon used to shoot Leonard Falco; or Lenny as Jungkook called him.

And that led them to now, with Jungkook being incredibly pissed off at having the people he tended to avoid at all costs inside his house, looking for more than just a gun.

Jungkook didn't know it, but the officers that had visited his home had also bugged it, three times to be precise — in his office, his bedroom and in the living room near Taehyung's own hidden spy cameras.

Luckily for Jungkook, he had Taehyung and once he picked up the frequency of the police scanner signaling they were on the move to his house.

Taehyung left work early, went to the warehouse and hacked into the company that supplied the bug's system and then short circuited each device useless before they could even pick up the sound of Jungkook breathing.

Jungkook didn't know how fortunate he was to have Taehyung, he'd have to remind him of it one day.

"Now thanks to your shit, I've had cops in my house... My house for two days, going through all of my things, looking into my life, all because you lot couldn't keep your fucking mouths shut and your hands to yourselves." Jungkook continued irritably, his footsteps pausing when Taehyung's stupid, careless self shifted in the grass and a branch snapped under him.

Taehyung stilled when Jungkook looked towards the bushes he always hid behind.

Slowly, he heard him tell his boys to go inside and wait for him there.

Seconds later, Taehyung heard a myriad of footsteps start to move until it went quiet all around him.

All he could hear was his own breathing, the beating of his heart that seemed to thump hard against his chest as the seconds ticked slowly and Jungkook just stood there, watching where he was.

Jungkook took a step forward and then another, his movements bringing him closer to Taehyung.

His hands dug into the grass, sweat dotted his forehead and he was afraid to breathe too loud in case he saw him.

No doubt Jungkook would recognise Taehyung and then everything he'd been working on would go straight to hell.

Taehyung held himself ram rod straight and pulled his hood lower on his head to cover more of his face and hid himself better in the dark, his view of Jungkook now obscured.

All Taehyung could count on was the headphone in his ear catching the sound of Jungkook's footsteps coming closer.... and closer...

Taehyung bit down hard on his lower lip and held his breath.

Jungkook was right there, mere centimeters away from him, from seeing him. All he had to do was move curve himself over the shrubbery and he'd see...

• • • •

read full book only here : https://www.buymeacoffee.com/yourstrulynelly 💜

message/comment anytime if you need help with the site :)