Chapter 27: Kiss of the Moon

Standing over Cer with one hand outstretched in front of her with the hopes of stopping the onslaught of the gathering souls, Punkin holds her bubble wand with her other hand ready to swing. "I SAID STAHP! THAT'S MY DADDY!"

Swinging her wand with intensity at the Legion, Punkin releases several bubbles that grow in size as they travel through the air with great speed and force, colliding with the gathering auras causing them to disperse from their concentration. "I'm gonna get you!" Yells Punkin as she runs and jumps into the air swinging her wand towards the Legion.

Glaring helplessly with anguished defeat and surprise, Cer reaches out to Punkin but is unable to stop her. You can't fight it alone...Can you see the auras and spirits or souls? You just dispersed the gathering; you are stronger than I realized.

Reattaching to Punkin's back, wrists, and ankles in her mid-jump, Kylan lifts Punkin into the air, carried by a gust of wind cast by Kali. "RAWR! Bubble Bee... Bubble Sting!!" Yells Punkin as she swings her wand, launching bubbles at the Legion.

Laughing off any concern, the Legion swings its arms at the bubbles to deflect the attack. "Argh. How did you...Who are yo-ou?" yells the Legion as Punkin's bubbles collide with the Legion's outer spirit made-armor, damaging the bond between the Legion and its body of souls.

"GO AWAY YOU SCARY POOP MONSTER!" screams Punkin as she swings again, launching even bigger bubbles at the Legion.

"What?!?!" Gasps everyone in unison as the bubbles stop short from colliding with the Legion.

"HA! Just as I thought! Shriver tears!" laughs the Legion as it commands an army of living people from the local villages of Haeven and forms a wall with their living bodies, all seemingly in a rage filled daze. "You cannot hurt people, just like your father!"

Taking a deep breath, the Legion gathers energy and sucks in souls from the area and breathes angry spirits in their place to take over the people as the possessed villagers begin to launch towards Punkin to attack.

Just before any villagers can land an attack on Punkin, Neko appears out of a black mirror and ports herself and Punkin out of the air and back near Cer.

"What the hell did I come to?" asks Neko.

"WAR!!!" yells Punkin as she clenches her wand as tightly as she clenches her teeth, snarling and growling at the Legion.

"I guess I have no choice, Neko... Cherub, you know what to do. La Gateau and Akiraion, time to come out of hiding." Commands Kala as she casts her mystical triangle, launching bubbles towards the souls being sucked in by the Legion. I am sorry Claira, this is all the bubbles I have left from the reserve stash.

Placing one hand over her heart, Arywn taps her temple with the finger of her free hand. Your family needs you. Do your best, that is all you have ever promised, and that is all anyone can ever ask of you.

Like a howling wind, a brash army of cloaks appear from all directions and fly towards the villagers, attaching themselves to the villagers and holding them in place while seemingly battling for possession of the villagers' bodies.

"ME TOO!" screams Punkin as she jumps into the air, trying to catch a gust of wind but failing.

"Cherub!" yells Kali.

Cherub quickly yawns and casts a black mirror below Punkin, catching her and porting her high into the air.

"Bubble Bee Bubble Sting!" yells Punkin as she appears out of the mirror in the air; unphased by her unplanned porting, she swings her wand at the Legion with no obstructions in sight.