Chapter 26

"Lolo," George said bringing my face and eyes up to look into his.

I wiped my tears and stared at him.

"It's Glyn," he said, "there has been an accident."

My heart sank in my chest.

"What. Kind. Of. Accident?" I couldn't get the words out without needing to gasp for air each time.

"He was found...." he started to cry, "he was found... in his studio.... unresponsive."

I handed Ethan to George and I collapsed to the ground holding my chest. 

This was intoxicating.

I was not yet even divorced from this man that I love and care so much about. His son was here with me and he was in an accident?

"You said accident?" I then asked George... "what kind of accident?"

"He overdosed on... something," he said, "but... Lauren...."

He was looking at me and trying to tell me something else. He was having trouble speaking.

"No," I shook my head, "I can't take this."

"Lauren," he got down to where I was kneeling in the grass.

I took deep breaths and then looked up at him.

"Lolo," he cried and shook his head, "he wasn't as lucky as Tom was. It's not good. He is....."

"Do not f***ing say the word dead!" I cried out. This couldn't be happening.

I started to hyperventilate. I was losing oxygen fast. A few minutes later Ringo Starr was there, George must have called him because he lived the closest of our friends and family.

He took Ethan inside and let George do his thing to soothe me and take care of me.

I just laid in the grass on my back and focused on my breathing as I watched the clouds. I couldn't speak. I couldn't articulate what I was feeling.

Did he do this on purpose because I left him - or was this truly an accident?

I didn't move for what felt like an eternity.

George did not want to be the one to break this news to me but he found out from Tom back in LA and he had to tell me. He knew he couldn't hide it for any period of time.

He just silently laid beside me and cried with me. This was not how I wanted the rest of my life to go. I did not want this to happen to Ethan.

"Everyone I love ends up dying," I said sobbing and turning to George's chest.

He held me tight.

......

A week later we had a full home of people staying with us for the funeral.

I was not doing well. I couldn't even get myself up without collapsing.

Stevie, Lindsey, Tom, Linda and Paul have been with me all week assuring me I was going to be okay.

Now we all prepared for a funeral for the man I loved and whom so many people loved and cared for. Gone way too soon. 

The father of my baby.

I was still his wife.

My parents flew in along with everyone else to be here for their grandchildren.

I invited Glyn's sister Rose to our home, the only family he has and she declined. She was hurting so bad with this loss.

I knew I would see her at the funeral. But somehow I worried she would blame me. No one else has but I do blame myself. He ended his life and he was using drugs and drinking because of me.