Chapter 20

I got closer to George and he held me tight and assured me we'd be okay.

I thought about Glyn. 

Maybe what I really needed all this time wasn't to be with him after all the years we were apart. Maybe it was to get a taste of life without George Harrison and to realize it was always him that I loved. We have been through so much together and I missed what it felt like to live this sensitive man.

Since the day I walked in to meet the Beatles when they were at the height of their popularity in the sixties, and I saw George leaning on the window and looking out. The others were messing with me for not knowing them and he was honest and straightforward and there for me from the get go.

Our lives have changed so much since then. 

A flood of memories hit me.

"I love you George Harrison," I finaly said to him with tears in my eyes.

"Then promise me," he responded, "no matter how hard things get in our lives that you won't ever give up on us, on this."

"Everything I am going to sacrifice for our family," I said to him, "it will all be worth it, I promise you."

Olivia and Glyn were back where they wanted to be. Olivia is from Los Angeles and Glyn has lived here for years, operating mainly from here with his business.

The only thing interfering with our escape back to London with our children is my child with Glyn. Ethan is the biggest miracle baby in my life, and even if Glyn and I were to separate; I will always be grateful that I was able to give Glyn the child he always wanted.

I was not going to leave him behind. He needs his mother and I wouldn't be able to have him stay in America without me.

"Glyn will understand," George said reading my mind.

I took some deep breaths and then told George to wait until after the grand opening of my company.

I had planned so much and Olivia is so involved. I didn't want it all to go down the drain, we have worked so hard and our models were just getting started.

Until then we would keep our secret. 

....

Three weeks later :

After working hard for weeks on the big grand opening and trying to avoid having personal conversations with Olivia; who was still "happily engaged" and living with the man I love, the reality of what was going on hit me hard.

I knew Glyn could sense me being distant and how I was preferring to sleep on the chair in Ethan's room as he slept in his crib, rather than crawling into bed with my him; my husband.

I woke up from Ethan starting to cry and I picked him up to soothe him. I started to sing him a tune that had popped into my head, something I had heard in a dream.

Suddenly, Glyn came into the room. 

"Is everything okay?" he asked me, gently touching my arm.

I began to sob. The floodgates were open.

"No," I said and he realized we weren't talking about Ethan.

"Is this about George?" he asked me and caught me off guard.

When I didn't respond he sat down in the chair that I have been using as a bed of sorts, and just looked at me and waited. 

"You've been through so much," he finally said to me, "you were shot at, you were a part of a home invasion, you carried our twins and only took one baby home," he started to get emotional.