Chapter 12

Upon my request, George drove me from his home in Friars Park over to London to meet Glyn at his record studio.

When I decided to go home to be with Glyn, I spoke to Stevie about coming over to see me when I got home. She told me she was with Glyn and recording with him today.

It was perfect.

I would see my best friend and my husband in one place.

George walked me into the studio and I held onto his arm for support. I took some deep breaths and we walked past the front desk.

"Lauren is here," the front desk secretary immediately pressed a button and spoke into the intercom.

Within seconds Glyn ran out to greet me.

He ignored George and took me from his arm and wrapped his around me. He spoke into my hair and swayed me back and forth.

"Don't ever leave me again," he said, "I'm begging you. I'll do anything you want me to do. I will give up all of this and be with you 24/7, I won't let anyone ever get near you again... I..."

"Honey," I cried and pulled his face to mine and stared into his eyes, "I will never leave again, I promise."

"I'm just going to go say hey to Stevie," George said stepping out of the lobby and down a hall.

Glyn then grabbed my hand and led me to his office where I sat down in his chair and he sat on the edge of the desk.

"I have had nightmares every single night," I said to my husband, and rightfully so. Tears began to fall.

I was crying because of how much I love him and how safe I feel in his presence. He has been distraught this last week dealing with lawyers and police officers and getting our home secured and restored to pre- ex wife disaster.

"I am serious about me taking time off," he then said, "I'm going to be with you until our babies are born. I have executives that know how everything works, I can take all the time off I need."

"I would rather be here with you while you work," I said looking up at him, "I could write more songs, help you around the office."

"No," he said to me, "I want to take you away from here.. for a little while. Somewhere remote... somewhere you can feel safe and secure and loved and we can focus on you... just you."

"Where would we go?" I asked my husband. I trusted him with my life and knew he was just devastated all week while I was away from him.

We talked everyday but it wasn't the same as physically holding me here in his office.

"I once told you a long time ago that you can just point your finger at a map and I'll fly you there," he winked.

He made me smile. I remembered him saying this to me when we had been so close in the sixties.

I brought my face to his and kissed him softly.

"You need to heal," he said to me, "we need to bring your sketchbooks, your best fabric, your sewing machines, your children--if George will let them."

"Do you think George can come?" I asked him, it was something that was now important to me for my kids sake.

"Of course he can," Glyn said, "anyone who wants to come - wherever you want to go."

"Greece," I decided.

"Greece it is, it's a beautiful country," he said happily, "I just want us all, whoever it might be, to find ways to help you heal. Help you design a wardrobe, help to inspire you. No more pain, no more nightmares, no more hurting."