Chapter 5

"Mama, I look like a princess," my little girl came running into my new bedroom. It was a house Glyn and I bought together but just my kids and I have been living in. Glyn would be in England today and my kids were going to meet him for the first time.

The first step.

"You are the most beautiful princess," I smiled at her as she spun around.

I dressed Annie in a little sundress I made for her and the boys both in their best khaki pants and polos because we are headed to pick Glyn up from the airport and then go to a luncheon for a charity event that I am a part of.

Families are invited and I told the kids they would be meeting someone important to me.

From there we were going to see how fast we want to introduce Glyn into living with us. Even though I want that immediately, I knew they would need to get used to the new home and then slowly adapt toward having another father figure in their lives .

George is the best father they could have ever asked for and it pains me sometimes that we couldn't make things work for them but George makes any other guy have big shoes to fill in their lives.

I told George and Olivia about Glyn last month. I found that having Olivia there helped ease any hard feelings George may have had. It helped him realize it wasn't a threat that I was involved with Glyn Johns again. George found someone to fill the void in his heart that I no longer filled and now I was able to fill my own.

I had my driver pick up me and the kids and off we were to pick up Glyn. He was flying in with Stevie and Lindsey who were going to finish their album here in London with the rest of their band in the coming weeks. They were gonna get picked up separately and get to work while Glyn got some time off with us.

"Who is this guy? Ollie asked and I've been hesitant to tell Ollie but I wanted to tell him that Glyn loved him immensely as a child.

"I want to talk to all three of you about him," I said getting their attention.

Ollie was old enough to understand that it will make me happy. Darry is mature for his young age and would be happy and Annie loves me so much she wouldn't care who it is I am introducing her to as long as I'm happy.

"We're almost to the airport to pick him up and I just want to tell you guys why he is special to me," I smiled at them.

"Are you gonna marry him?" Darry asked and Ollie's eyes looked concerned.

"I almost did a long time ago," I was honest with them.

"Before dad?" Ollie asked.

"Yes," I stretched the truth, "I want you guys to know that this isn't some guy I met and I am not wasting your time introducing him to you."

"Is dad going to marry Olivia?" Darry then asked.

I explained to them that marriage isn't as concrete as it seems. People can get married or not but it's the love they have for one another that matters.

"I want to meet him," Annie said cutely.

I was grateful.

"Well we are here so you will in just a moment," I said with both nerves and excitement.

"Does dad know him?" Ollie then asked.

"Yes," I smiled at my oldest boy, "Glyn is important in the music industry. He records and produces the music you hear. Just like Dad when he does his own recording at home."

There was a moment of silence and then Ollie looked interested.

"When you were a baby Glyn knew you very well," I said to Ollie.